1.3- Harry

I didn't know what came over me this morning.

when I had picked up fletcher I couldnt help but feel like shit, watching him laugh over his shoulder at something his friend said and he had no idea I had been kissing his best friend in the seat he was buckling into.

and when we got back to the house, the twins bickering as they got out of the back, I wanted to tell him, wanted him to hit me because maybe that would make this all better. make me feel better, make me forget about Rosie who was stuck in my head like a record on a loop, playing the same song over and over.

even as we had dinner and he was sitting across from me shoveling his face all I could think about how upset he would be.

and even in the morning when we were driving down the street and right before I turned onto rosies he stopped me saying, "she's not coming today,"

"why?" I asked stopped at the stop sign waiting with the blinker on, clicking back and forth rhythmically.

"Why the fuck would you care?" he asked not even looking up from his phone as he typed, it was just the way he spoke, he did it often and yet I felt as if I was caught for stealing or some shit but he didn't even care at all.

but I just ignored him and drove to school, and when I was sitting in class, math before lunch and the seat next to me was cold, empty, devoid of her.

I wanted to see her again, wanted her here even if we were silently next to each other. and now that I had kissed those lips she loved to place her pen against I wanted to see her do it again.

then I made the decision to grab all the work we missed yesterday and the work she missed in math and hopped in my car and drove to her house.

something was fucking wrong with my brain, something was wrong with my stomach because as I walked up to ring her bell I felt sick, physically. my hand shook as I lifted a finger to press the button to the doorbell.

I was going to leave just drop the papers at the door when she pulled it open, hair falling around her round face, dark and vibrant almost. she was dressed in sweats and a large t-shirt, she looked so fucking good just standing there.

her eyes went wide, face flushing pink at the sight of me.

"I um i...." I didn't know what to fucking say when she was looking at me like that. I held up the work I brought for her a weird pursed smile on my lips that made me feel even more awkward.

she looked down to the papers, and her small hands reaching out, a slight tremor in it as she took the papers.

"t-thank you," she whispered biting her lip and fuck if it didn't make me look at her mouth then I didn't know what did. "do you um want to come it?..." the shake in her voice making my heart race.

"um yeah if you dont mind..." and she didn't say anything but move back holding the door open for me.

I'd been in the other houses in the neighborhood for parties or hookups and all of them looked and felt the same, but her house was almost empty inside. made of all clean corners and plane colors. it looked too put together as if it was for show. even at Liam's place it felt lived In and his father was fucking chief of surgery at our only hospital. maybe dentists were just freaky and oddly clean.

"do you want anything? I have snacks for fletcher if you like that kind of stuff..." she said arms wrapping around herself trying to cover up almost.

I didn't want her to feel weird, awkward but I wanted to see her, try and figure out why she was driving me insane, try to figure out a way to put an end to it.