Bonus Chapter

Short A/N

So guys, in this chapter, you'll definitely notice I used seven months as the time span Keenan and Kimberly have been apart instead two years. That's because I made changes to the previous chapter and changed the two years to seven months. I'm indecisive, I know. Forgive me.

Keenan's POV

"Have a good nights rest, sir!" The doorman greeted cheerfully as I walked out of the company building. I offered him a curt nod, holding on tightly to my leather bag as I walked towards my car.

I reached for the keys in my pocket and then unlocked the doors, pulling the door to the drivers seat open before I climbed in. I fixed my phone onto the phone holder that hung firmly in the center of the steering wheel and then put the key in the ignition,the familiar sound of engine roaring to life hitting my ears as I started the car. I put the car on reverse and began to drive.

The past seven months had been... difficult for me.

From the moment I heard about Dre's death, to the series of interrogations and interviews, to Dre's funeral, and to the moment when I had taken his ashes to the sea.

Life had been a mess.

And I had had tons of regrets in my heart.

At first, there was a voice in my head that said  I should have died in place of Dre. I felt like I should have known better.

I should have known that Dre was never going to be supportive of the idea of all of us going down together.

I had spent countless nights sitting on the edge of my bed, wondering if on the night of my graduation I had decided to go home with them instead of staying behind with my friends, all of this could have been averted somehow.

I had thought about how many good people were gone.

Good people like my father. Good people like Dre, and Megan with my unborn child, and Michelle, and Isabel with her unborn baby.

I had been a ship and I had been sinking, the tides and waves threatening to devour me.
And I knew that I was the only one who could stop myself from drowning. I knew that I was the only one who could pick myself up.

And then, one day, it had hit me that I was alive, and that I was alive for a reason. It had hit me that I was alive, and that tomorrow wasn't guaranteed. That I had to live while I still could, that I had to dust myself off.

It was difficult to.

But I was Keenan Monroe and when I set myself to it, I could do almost anything.

And after Roxi and William left New York City, I decided I needed a break from the city too. So I had taken a few necessities along with me, locked the doors to the mansion, and I left the city too.

What was meant to be a two weeks vacation had turned out to be a world tour for me. I had visited countless towns, and cities, and Islands.

But NYC would always be home to me.

My phone beeped and I glanced at it, letting out a soft breath when I saw it was just a remainder.

Kimberly.

It was today.

Not that I needed the alarm to remind me, I had the date etched in my brain.

"On the first day of every month." She had said. "I'll be waiting for you to come find me."

And on the first day of every month since then, I would wake up and all I would be able to think about was her. Kimberly.

I would be lying if I said I didn't think about her every single day, if I said I didn't miss her.