Here's To Family

Kimberly's POV

"I'm sorry we fought Izzy. I...I know that this is a lot for you to take in and I understand that you need space. I get it but-" I took a deep breath. "Please let me know you're okay." I bit my lip. " I think that's it. Please call when you get this." I hung up and then tucked my hair behind my ear. I took a deep breath, suddenly realizing that Paul was holding the door open for me.

"Oh." I bat my eyelashes. "Thank you." I climbed out from the car. He nodded. My eyes surveyed the exterior of the house as he led me towards the door. It looked about six stories. My eyes caught hold of the beautiful fountain with the statue of a lion in the middle and it held my gaze for a long, long time. The butler opened the door after the second ring. I watched Paul whisper some words to the Butler before placing the car keys in his hands.

My jaw dropped.

I was literally drooling over the place. I was so lost, I didn't hear when Paul called for me to follow him until the second time.

"Miss Hastings?"

I looked up immediately.

"You were saying?" I gulped.

"Mr.Monroe will see you briefly. Please come with me."
I nodded and without any questions, I let him lead me to the elevator. I followed him in and it only took some seconds till we were on the second floor. The elevator opened with a slight ding sound and he gestured for me to follow. We walked down the hallway and then finally stopped in front of a door.

"I'll let Mr. Monroe know you're here." He told me and with that, he disappeared into the room. The door opened seconds later and he walked out.

"Please go in." He held the door open for me. I inhaled deeply and then walked in.

Keenan's POV

"Tres milliones des dolares. Eso es tudo le que puedo ofrecer." I rubbed my temples. "Si...Si " I sighed and then hung up. I exhaled and then raked my fingers through my hair. This was supposed to be the happiest night of my life and instead, I looked a mess. My hair was untidy and my tie was undone. I had barely gotten any sleep in three days and I was pretty sure my eye bags were proof enough. I looked up the moment I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I cleared my throat.

The door opened slowly and Paul walked in.

"Paul." I breathed, glad that it was him. No one else could see me in this state, definitely not my mother. "Is she-"

He nodded.

"Shall I call her in?" He asked after a short moment of silence.

"Please do." I twisted my tie into a knot as I watched him walk towards the door. I stole a quick glance at my wristwatch and then sighed. It took a moment before the door opened again and she walked in.
It took a short moment for me to adapt to the sight of her in that dress.
She was beautiful.

I knew it was impolite to stare but I couldn't help it. I inhaled slightly and then exhaled. A mild scent of vanilla lingered around her, making her smell so damn good. I clenched my fists under the table and then drew in a deep breath. I couldn't feel this way, I shouldn't.

"Miss Hastings." I started, my voice slightly more high pitched than intended. I cleared my throat."Please sit down." I gestured to the couch across me. She looked a bit hesitant at first, but she sat down anyway. Her eyes surveyed the study, giving me a moment to examine her. Her long black hair had been pulled into a sleek ponytail and she was about five feet nine tall in the heels she wore, nothing more. She had chestnut brown eyes which were well adorned by beautiful long eye lashes, a petit little nose and a tiny mole few inches above her lip. She seemed so delicate. So...fragile.
And then our eyes met. I watched her shift uncomfortably and then bite down on her lower lip. I pulled my gaze and then stole another quick glance at my wristwatch.

"I know you're wondering why I called you here." I started. " I'm not the type of person to beat around the bush and so I'll go straight to the point." I paused. "I will introduce you to the rest of my family tonight."

Horror clouded her expression and her eyebrows rose in a quizzical manner.

"What if-" she started."What if they have questions I don't -"

"I will answer all their questions. All you have to do is sit still, look pretty and act like a woman who's bloody excited to be engaged. Do you understand me?" I asked, my tone a little more demanding than I meant for it to be.

What the hell was wrong with me?

She stared at me for a moment before she nodded.

"Good." I reached in my drawer and then pulled out a file. I pulled out a contract from it and then placed it on the table. "You'd have to sign this." I pushed it towards her. She looked at the contract suspiciously before she reached for it. Her eyes examined it for a moment before they rose to meet my gaze.

"What's this?" her eyes searched mine with such intensity. I had to pull my gaze away and pretend to glance at my wristwatch.

"Its our marriage contract."

"There's a marriage contract?" She asked almost in a whisper as she lowered her gaze back to the piece of paper in front of her.

"All the terms and conditions of this marriage are in there. I want you to go through them tonight and get back to me in the morning." I inhaled and then shifted uncomfortably.

I had to say it. I just had to.

"And I know this isn't in the contract but if we are to get married, you will have to stop wearing that."
She looked at me,one eyebrow raised in a quizzical manner that screamed 'what the hell are you talking about?'

"Your perfume" I paused. "Its too distracting."