Just Maybe

Kimberly's POV

Do you have any idea who you're married to?

I starred at my reflection in the mirror as I added a few finish I touches to my make-up,dabbing some concealer over my neck to cover up the red marks on my skin.

Growing up,I'd never really had any reasons to dress up. Due to mom and I's constant movements, I hadn't even gotten to attend any of my high school dances.. Or even prom.

But,I'd worn more dresses since I met Keenan than I had my entire life.

And right now,I desperately wanted to impress him.

I wanted him to look at me and really,really like what he saw.

And if I was pushing my luck, maybe he wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off me.

Or his hands.

I let out a shaky breath as I ran my fingers through one of my loose curls. I'd managed to keep my make up simple and I liked the reflection staring back at me when I looked in the mirror.

A small smile crossed my face as I looked down at the fat diamond ring that sat on my finger. And the longer I starred at it,the clearer Maece's words became to me.

Did I have the slightest idea who Keenan was?

How successful was he?

Who was he? What made him happy? What made him mad?

When was his birthday?

Just what exactly was Keenan about?

I realized that maybe I didn't know exactly what I was dealing with.

And the more I thought about it, the more ridiculous it sounded that he'd even want me.

Because no matter how much I tried to ignore it, the truth was that he was only with me because of some stunt mum pulled.

So why on earth would he even want me?

Hell,I wouldn't even want me if I was in his shoes.

Why would someone of his status let my mother manipulate him?

I'd seen Keenan before we met. Not in person obviously but I'd seen him on the front cover of business magazines. I'd watched him on television. I knew what he looked like before we met. I'd known his name before Izzy and I went by his office.

And for the first time it dawned on me that I lived in a mansion in New York...hell,I was in a mansion in the Bahamas. I'd come here in a private jet. For the first time since I moved in with Keenan, it became clear to me that I had people waiting on me,that I had someone to drive me around,someone to cook my meals,someone to clean my room.

It became clear to me that this was not the life I was used to.

'You don't belong here'

Keenan had said those exact words to me nights ago in New York.

What if I was letting myself get too comfortable?

What if this life wasn't meant to be mine?

What if letting myself fall was a mistake?

Biting down on my lower lip,I reached for the dressing table and then picked up the note he'd left me this morning.

Dinner. Seven o' clock?

He'd brought me here,and he'd kissed me. He'd told me I was beautiful and he'd invited me out to dinner.

And for me,maybe that was enough right now.

Just being with him...Just having him with me.

Maybe I had no idea what I was doing. Maybe I was being stupid,reckless even. And maybe I really had no idea who I was married to.

But I wanted to.

I wanted to know everything from what made him happy,to the things he liked. And I was going to.

As if on cue,there were two consecutive knocks on the door. I straightened immediately as the door opened only slightly.

"Mrs. Monroe?" Paul called from outside the door and for some reason, I felt my heartbeat accelerate.

Was Keenan here already?

"Mrs. Monroe?" He called again. I cleared my throat and then swallowed hard.

"Come in,Paul." My voice was shaky when I spoke and I was sure as hell beginning to doubt my appearance. I brushed my fingers through my curls and then reached for my purse as Paul walked in,neatly dressed in a suit as usual.

If he was impressed he didn't show it.

And I hated myself for wishing that he did.

He was close to Keenan so I couldn't help but think that if he thought I looked good,maybe Keenan would too.

"Mrs. Monroe if you're ready, your husband would like for me to bring you over." He glanced down at the floor and then back at me and even though my heart fell,I tried as much as I could not to let it show.

As cliché as it sounded,I'd actually thought Keenan would be picking me up.

Faking a smile,I stood up slowly, giving myself a quick once over in the mirror. As expected, the dress was a perfect fit. The top part of the dress hugged my body like a second skin,the sweetheart neckline creating the impression that my boobs were  a lot fuller than they actually were. And then where the gems stopped,the dress flowed down in silver silky layers till it stopped inches above my knee.

If Izzy was here,breathtaking would be the word..... If Maece wasn't out swimming either.

"Sure."I nodded. "Let's go."

Hi guys,

So I know this is a pretty short chapter. I'm trying my best not to rush things so I don't make any mistakes or leave any important details out. I hope you all enjoyed reading.

Please vote,comment and share.

Love, Chay.