Wide Awake

Hey guys,
So,this is going to be the first chapter written in Roxi's POV. The main reason for this is because I want you guys to know her story,to know how her mind works and to understand her mindset of things. I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

*************************

Roxi's POV

The ride home was quiet. I could barely think straight. I watched Will chuckle at something on his phone and it made me curious as hell.

Who was he talking to? What was he laughing about?

All these questions rang through my head and worse still, I couldn't stop thinking about what Jason had said to me. I inhaled deeply and then bit my lip. I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize Will had said something to me, not until he called me the second time. I jerked unconsciously and then exhaled.

"Are you okay?" He asked. One eyebrow raised. I nodded slowly.

"I'm- I'm fine." I swallowed and then bit hard on my lower lip.

"You were staring." His words snapped me right out of my thoughts, making me jump for the second time.

"Was I? I'm sorry about that." I faked a smile. He looked at me for a while and for a second, I thought I saw concern in his eyes but it faded away so quickly, I couldn't tell whether it had actually been there or I had just made it up to make myself feel better.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked after a brief moment. I faked a smile and then nodded.

"I'm fine." I shifted my gaze to the window and then tucked a few loose strands of hair behind my ear. I felt his gaze ponder on me for a short while before he looked away and then once more, his gaze was on his phone.
Will and I got married at a very young age. I'd just turned seventeen and he was almost nineteen. Of course there's a back story but at that moment, all I cared about was saving my family. I bit down my lip and then let out a sigh of relief when the car pulled over in front of the mansion. I hated that I was feeling this way. I hated getting overly protective and cautious about something. Growing up, Jase was practically the only thing I felt a strong urge to protect...until I met Will and worse still, he didn't even know. He practically just saw our marriage as the sham that it was. I needed his money and I wasn't exactly sure what it was that he'd wanted since I'd just recently found out that his excuse of needing a bride to claim his inheritance had been a lie, but here we were. I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled. I was getting all teary and emotional for no good reason. Without waiting for Will to get the door for me, I pushed it open and then climbed out of the car. I could feel his burning gaze on my skin but I couldn't stop walking. I felt like I would suffocate if I spent one more second around him.

"Thank you, George." I greeted the doorman as I walked into the mansion. Without further ado, I climbed up the stairs and then headed towards my room. I flung the door open, walked in and then shut it close behind me. I leaned against the door and every single strength I had in me disappeared suddenly. My head was spinning and my knees felt shaky. I drew in a deep breath and then another to calm myself down. I felt a drop of tear trickle down my cheek and then I sighed.

I was going to be fine.

Why?

Because I was Roxanne Monroe...Olsen of course.

Kimberly's POV

"Thank you." I faked a smile as the car came to a halt in front of the house. I opened the door and then climbed out. "Goodnight Paul." I continued. He stared at  me through the rearview mirror, offering me a small nod.