I Still Care About You

Ruby's POV

"T--Tyler." I drew in a deep breath. "What are you doing here?"

"S-she was passed out on the front porch. I didn't think she'd want to go home like this." He said quietly. I stood there looking at him like complete idiot for a few second before I noticed a pair of arms dangling loosely around his neck. Confusion turned into a deep friend when I confirmed that the pair of dangling arms belonged to Jessica. I sighed.

"Are you going to let me in or wait till I pass out too? This girl weighs a ton." He chuckled nervously.

"O--Oh." I felt heat rise to my cheeks. "I'm sorry." I shifted stiffly, opening the door wider. He hesitated for a few seconds before he walked in. His eyes scanned around quickly and the look on his face when he turned back to me said 'this place hasn't changed one bit.'
I shut the door slowly and then rubbed my palms nervously against my pyjama shorts. His eyes followed the movement, causing me to stop and clear my throat.

"This way please." I bit hard on my lower lip and then made for the room even though I knew he knew his way around. He followed silently. I pulled the door open and then walked in, leaving it wide open for him to follow. He dropped her carefully on the bed and then sighed in relief. I took off her shoes and then placed the duvet over her body. Awkward silence filled the room for a short moment before I cleared my throat. His eyes scanned through the room, more carefully this time as though it was new to him.

"I did some rearranging." I said quietly. He looked at me slowly and then nodded.

"I can see that." He nodded and for a moment that seemed like forever, we just stood there staring at each other.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked after a few seconds.

"Well,I went home and--" He paused, realizing what he'd just said. " I went to your place and the butler told me you were spending the night at Lee's. Considering the fact that she was in the back seat of my car,I thought--"his voice dried off. "I just thought I'd find you here." He stuffed his left hand in his back pocket. I stood there for a few seconds watching him... Just watching him.

"Oh-" I finally broke my gaze away. "Thank you." I said and then paused when I realized how awkward that sounded. "For bringing her here." I added slowly. "For whatever its worth, I know you weren't the only guy from school that saw her on that porch so--" I paused to tuck some lose stands of hair behind my ear. "Thank you." I dropped my hand beside me when I noticed I was making a lot of hand movement.  He stood there in complete silence for a seconds, his eyes never leaving mine.

"I know--" He finally broke his gaze away, giving me space to breathe. "That things aren't the way they used to be between us. But she's a friend of yours and that still means something to me." He said slowly as though he was trying to choose his words carefully. I cleared my throat when I heard an impatient horn coming from outside.

"You should go." I pursed my lip. He looked at me for a while and then looked at the door.

"Y-yeah." He stammered and then faked a smile. "Eme--"

"I understand." I cut him off. He nodded and then made for the door with me trailing behind him. He opened the door and then walked out slowly. I was about to shut the door when--"

"Ruby?" He called sharply.

"Yeah?" I answered immediately and instantly regretted it.

"Be careful."

Roxi's POV

"I can explain." I said as I walked further into the room. My head was spinning and my heart was racing.

"Are you--" He paused and then raked his fingers through his hair. "Is this true?" He rose the envelope. "A-are you pregnant?" He looked so confused. So.....sorry.

"Y--yes." I nodded.

"Shit!" He cursed as he placed a hand on his hip and then turned away so his back was facing me. He began to pace,muttering to himself as he did. I felt tears gather in my eyes. I was scared.... Scared for whatever he was about to say.

"Will-" I called slowly.

"How long have you known?" I turned around to face me, his eyes narrowed. He was angry....I could tell him. But beneath the anger was something else.... I could tell. I could see it but I couldn't place my finger on it.

"Is that really important?" I asked, my voice thin. He cursed, under his breath this time so I didn't hear and then ran his fingers through his already scattered hair. I watched him draw in a deep breath as though he was trying to get all his thoughts into one question.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked slowly. I bit down on my lower lip and said the first thing that came to my head.

"You said you didn't want kids."

"I said I didn't want kids." He repeated quickly and then paused as though he was giving me a minute to realize how stupid I sounded. And I did.... though I refused to acknowledge it. "That was five fucking years ago. I don't--" He paused. "That is not a fucking excuse,Roxi. That is my baby in there." He pointed at my tummy like it some sort of vessel. "I deserved to know!" He raised his voice a little at the end,making me cringe a bit.

"Well,I was going to tell you!" I snapped too,cutting him off guard as well. "Few days ago, I came to your office. Do you remember?" I clenched my jaw, trying my best to hold the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes. His face dropped. "I had just come from the hospital. And I was so excited, I was going to tell you. And when I opened the door,I saw you and--"

"I--" He took a step towards me. "I was-" He stammered. I'd never seen him so...... confused.

"You apologized when we had sex. You said you were sorry. You would rather fuck your partners at the office, you would rather fuck the maids, you would rather face time some stripper hundreds of miles away than spend time with me. I was already used to not having you but when I saw you that day in the office,Will, it was different." I unconsciously placed my hand on my stomach. He shook his head and then moved towards me. "I don't want to raise a baby with y--"

"I am sorry." He placed both hands on my shoulders. "For whatever I did,for everything I did." His eyes searched mine. "I am very,very sorry." He paused. "If you just--if you just give me one more chance,I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you." He swallowed hard. "I would do whatever it takes--"

"Its too late." I cut him off slowly. "I waited." I felt a drop a tear roll down my cheek. "I waited for years. For you to say something. For you to feel something." This time,my eyes did the searching. "For a long time, Will,I hoped you'd come around." I sniffed. His hands dropped from my shoulders as his eyebrows narrowed. He took a step back. "But you never did." I said weakly. "We don't have eternity,Will. We have three months." I added. He rubbed his temple and then turned away. "And after our time together is up, I will leave. And I will do whatever it takes to keep my baby." I licked my lip and then sighed.

Silence.

He said nothing. He just stood there,saying nothing. I drew in a deep breath.

I thought as much.

I shook my head and then moved towards the door.

"How can you do this? He asked, causing me to stop dead in my tracks.  I bit hard on my lip. Every single bone in my body compelled me to turn....but I fought it. I fought against it hard. I drew in a deep breath then took another step forward. " Its been eight years,Roxi. How can you still pretend not to know?" He asked slowly.

A/N:

Hey guys.... So,i'm not exactly used to recommending songs for chapters, but 'I was made for loving you by Ed Sheeran' contributed greatly to completing this chapter so....yh,I would love for you to check it out.
Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it😘👇