Lowkey Talking

Roxi's POV

'I know you saw me outside those walls. I know you saw the writing on the table. I gave you my life!"

Wills words echoed over and over in my head. I'd woken up extremely early to get ready for work so I wouldn't have any reason to bump into him and yet, here I sat,just across him amongst all the other board members. If I wasn't too lost in my thoughts, I would have felt the effects of his gaze on my skin. If eyes were lasers, there'd most likely be a gigantic hole in my body at this point.

"Six hundred million is too much a budget,Joe." Levi,a round faced chubby man spoke, bringing me back to earth. Levi was in charge of marketing.

"I know it seems like much, but if things go as they should, we're expecting about three billion. I say we do it." Joe countered.

"But what if things don't go as they should? Its too much a risk." Zara spoke up. I exhaled and for some reason, I made the one mistake I'd been avoiding all morning.

I allowed my gaze to meet Wills.

I was expecting him to pull gaze away but instead, he held my gaze. For a few seconds, I let myself get lost in his beautiful blue eyes, feeling every other thing around us disappear.

This can't be Roxi.

Don't forget how much he hurt you, humiliated you.

I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled.

"I believe a lot in this project,Zara."Another voice spoke. I felt a slight pull in my chest. It was terrifying that this voice had been stuck in my head since my last encounter with her in Will's office. Alessandra. "The storyline is beautiful, and catchy. People love beautiful things,people love exciting things-" She continued, her gaze lingering on Will for a little longer than necessary. I'd noticed that right from the beginning of the meeting, she'd been making passes at him as lowkey as possible.

But today, his eyes were on me and she didn't seem to like it.

It was weird that I lowkey felt happy about it.

"Don't you think so,Will?" She asked, causing Will to abruptly turn away from me. He cleared his throat and then sat straight.

"Uhm--" He paused for a few seconds and then turned back to me. "I think we should leave it to Mrs. Olsen this time." I watched Alessandra's face fall and I did a victory dance inside. "What do you think Roxi?" He asked me. "Is it worth giving a chance?" He asked me.

I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Something extremely good can come out of it." He added and then lowered his gaze. I drew in a deep breath, awkward tension slowly making its way into the room. "I think it deserves a chance." He said slowly. I swallowed.

"And if things go wrong?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Things won't go wrong--"

"You sound certain." I said defiantly and then drew in a deep breath. Obviously, we weren't even talking about the animation anymore. "I'm sorry, Will,I don't believe in this project." I told him, finally pulling our conversation to where it was supposed to be.

But I had given him an answer.... Lowkey.

"Excuse me, I have a headache." I stood up and then made for the door.

Although the air in the boardroom was becoming really hard for me to breathe in,I wasn't lying about my headache. I'd woken up this morning with a throbbing headache. Usually, I would have called in sick but I was too desperate to avoid Will, I didn't think it through.

Well, look how that's working Roxi.

I heard Will excuse himself and I could tell he was following me. I increased my pace the moment I walked out of the BOD room. I hurried towards the elevator,hoping I'd get in and it'd shut close before Will made it. I was almost successful until I saw Will push his hands though the already closing doors,causing it to open. He walked in and then sighed. I starred at the closing elevator doors, something inside of me urging me to just run out.... but another part of me urged me to stay...to listen to what he had to say. I watched him draw in a deep breath.

"You don't have to tell me." He said slowly. "If you don't want to, you don't have to say it now." He told me. I turned to face him. "I'm not asking you to forgive me right now, Roxi. All I'm asking is that you give me a chance." He paused. "A chance to earn your forgiveness."

He continued. I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled. I was beginning to feel lightheaded.... Really, lightheaded. My head was spinning and I was beginning to feel like the walls were closing in.

"Roxi?" Will called softly, causing me to look at him. "Are you okay?" He asked. My vision blurred.

And then I felt my body drop.

His hands grabbed me before my body hit the ground.

Keenan's POV.

Watching Kimberly answer Detective Jared's  questions brought just one thing to my mind.

She needed a break....an escape from everything that was happening around her. I'd heard vacations were good for lifting spirits.

I thought Bahamas was the perfect place to go.

It wasn't far from home so I'd be able to return quickly if there were any emergencies with the office.... And it was beautiful, peaceful.

I was surprised when I bumped into a familiar face on my way to the penthouse .

Maece O'Malley.

Apparently she was here for a vacation too....to clear her head. She was heading for the ocean clubhouse but when she asked if she could stay in the penthouse instead, I couldn't say no. She was going to be a part of the family soon.. And I was pretty sure Kimberly wouldn't mind having another female in the house.

Or would she?

Besides,it was a good opportunity to know more about Andre's whereabouts. He'd completely disappeared from the face of the earth since God knows when.. He wasn't calling,and he wasn't returning any of my calls either.

After we got to the penthouse, I took a quick shower and then changed into something more comfortable than the suit I was wearing earlier..a pair of dark jean shorts and a blue long sleeved cotton T-shirt. When I went back downstairs,Maece stood in the kitchen, making pancakes.

A thin frown crossed my forehead.

She of all people knew I didn't appreciate someone other than the cooks,cooking in my kitchen.

"Keenan." She smiled broadly when she noticed I was standing across the breakfast bar."The cook went Grocery shopping. Kate,is it?" She said as though she read my mind. I raised an eyebrow.

I had no idea.

"Besides,its just pancakes." She continued, removing the last batch from the pan. "And I didn't burn the house down." She joked,reaching to grab a plate from the cupboard. I sighed and then dropped my brows.

Maece was a small woman so I was a bit surprised she was able to grab a plate. Andre and I always teased her about it when we were younger.

"I see you've added a few inches." I told her. She rolled her eyes,making me chuckle.

"Want some?" She asked. I looked at her for a few seconds and then shook my head.

"No, thanks." I said subtly. She shrugged her shoulders and then gave me a look that said 'your loss.'
We talked for some time about everything, but nothing in particular. After a few minutes, she suggested we pop open a bottle to celebrate my marriage since she wasn't able to attend the actual wedding.

And that's exactly how we got here.

Short A/N:
Please don't forget to hit the star ★.