This Isn't Netflix

Ruby's POV.

"Ugh." I hissed for the umpteenth time as I let my body fall on the bed.

I bit down on my fingernail, staring up at the digits on my phone.

This was all so frustrating.

Do I text him? Do I call him?

This was Jason we were talking about here.....he probably wouldn't even take me seriously if I texted him.

He was doing this to punish me. First, he'd chosen me to be his partner, and then he had completely flaked school.

"Outside these four walls,Ruby Kent,I am going to destroy you." He had said those exact words to me the night of the Monroe dinner.

But this was also seventy percent of my grade. I could get held back an entire year if he kept on being like this.

"I seriously think you're over thinking things." Jessica's voice pulled me back to earth. I glanced at the sideways so i was facing my laptop and then rolled my eyes. "For real Ruby. If you fail,he fails. I'm pretty sure he's smarter than that." She paused. I watched her apply some eyeliner on her eyelids,her face ridiculously close to the screen now. I cringed. "Besides, I'm almost  a hundred percent sure that the whole project thing was just an excuse to spend time with you. Trust me,bad boys are always-"

"Mean to the girls they like." I finished off for her. "This isn't Netflix Jess."

This time,it was her turn to role her eyes.

"Just trust me on this,Okay?" She was applying lipstick now. "Text him and if he doesn't text back,we'll go to Mr. Belvedere." She paused,lowering her eyelids. "Or something." She added. My eyebrows creased.

"Jessica, about Mr-" I started but the sound of her cellphone ringing in the background cut me off before I could finish. She picked it up and then glanced at the screen.

"Shit! Brie's calling. I've got to go."

Wait.....what?!!

"Wait..what?" I asked out loudly, sounding just as astonished as i felt.

"I'll explain later. Text him,Ruby. Trust me. Love you." Her next words were rushed and she logged out of her Skype before  could utter another word. I sat dumbfounded for a few seconds and then shook my head.

She would have a lot of explaining to do later.

"Trust me." She had said.

Well,I'd be damned.

I clicked on the message icon and then ran my fingers through my hair.

I could totally do this.

"Okay." I breathed.

"Hey. Where have you been? Don't think I've seen you around sch--" I halted and then read through the text.

Definitely cringe worthy.

"Hey." I paused. I remembered then that the normal thing to do was to let him know who the text was from first.....it would make things a whole lot easier. The last thing I needed was a "who the fuck are you?" reply.

Nodding my  head in agreement to my thoughts,I typed;

"Its Ruby.... In case you forgot,we're supposed to be working on a story together,"

Frowning, I erased the message.

"Hey its Ruby. Text me your address."

I hit the send button before I could reconsider and then placed my hand over my face.

What surprised me however,was the fact that his reply came almost immediately and it wasn't  snarly or mean or as self appeasing as I thought it would be.

Eleven letters.

Nemesis: Text me yours.

Roxi's POV

"Okay." I drew in a deep breath as I sat beside Will on bed. I glanced down at the envelope in my hands and then sighed.

I hadn't even realized how hard I my grip was until I felt the warmth of Wills hands envelope mine. I glanced up at him and then smiled faintly.

"Good news." He reminded me of doctor Graysons words. "I'm right here." He added. I bit down on my lower lip and then nodded.

"Thank you." I said softly and then pushed the envelope into his hands. "Why don't you do the honors?" I pursed my lip,watching a boyish grin find its way to his face.

"You mean wield your shield?" He teased. "Of course boss."

I watched carefully as he opened the envelope and then pulled out some sheets of paper,including the results of my ultrasound. After the first three seconds, I realized that  I wasn't even looking at the envelope anymore. I realized that I was watching him. .....watching the way his hair,currently damp from the shower, fell across his face as he glanced down at my lab test results. Watching the way his eyes scanned through the ink on the paper.

Thinking that I could watch him all day...

Thinking that I could be like this forever if that was an option.

Shaking my head,I pulled myself out of my thoughts and then leaned closer to him.

"What's it?"

"Seems like you've been overworking yourself,Xi." He said ,his gaze still focused on the piece of paper in front of him. "Exhaustion, fatigue. You-" He paused and then sucked in a deep breath. "Xi,you-" He glanced up from the paper to look at me,one eyebrow raised,his mouth hanging slightly open.

I felt my eyebrows drop, panic slowly rising from within me.

I recognized that look.

He had seen something.

"Will-" I called softly,wishing he'd say something....give me a reason for the dumbfounded expression on his face but he said nothing. He just sat there,his eyes drinking me in. "Will,you're scaring m--"

His lips were on mine before I could finish. My body responded instantly to his touch and I kissed him back, our lips moving fervently together. His lips moved hungrily against mine and I let him consume me.

"I love you." He breathed the moment we pulled apart. "God,I love you so much,Xi. You have just made me the happiest man on the planet and I don't even deserve it. I don't even deserve you." There were tears brimming in his eyes now but now I knew....now I knew it wasn't because something had upset him. He was happy about something.....overjoyed.

"Baby, we're going to have a girl who looks just like you." He paused and then bit down on his lower lip for a second. "And a boy who-" He paused and then glanced down at his hands. "Twins,Roxi! Can you believe it?"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhdfhkkncdetjbcsikvxfhnnn.

(Why can't Keenan and Kimberly be like this already????)

Please vote, comment and share.

Love,Chay.