Hades

Roxi's POV

"Thankfully, all she needed was a few stitches." Dr. Grayson said after he exchanged handshakes with Keenan, and then Will.  "She's stable now and the sedatives will wear off in a few minutes." He paused.

I ran my hands over my face and then let out a sigh of relief.

My eyes were red and swollen, my breathing uneven. And even though my brothers hadn't broken down as dramatically as I had, I was certain they felt just as horrible.

Turning around, I reached for moms hand and then gave it a tight squeeze. She was fast asleep and the scar on her forehead didn't look like it would go away anytime soon.

We did this, all of us.

We had all been horrible to her after dad's death. We had completely abandoned her and we had let her take responsibility for Andre alone even if we knew how dangerous it could be.

"Family over everything."

Mum was family too.

I bit down on my lower lip and then exhaled, letting my gaze move to Andre who sat on one of the chairs in the room, his face buried in the palm of his hands. He hadn't moved or said a single word since we arrived at the hospital and as much as I wanted to hug him and tell him that everything was okay, I couldn't bring myself to.

Not when mother had nearly died.

"I'm really sorry to say this, Mr. Monroe. " Dr. Grayson continued, only this time, it was obvious he was referring to just Keenan. "You see, your mother was brought into the hospital with a severe head injury and I'm afraid as protocol, we might have to ask you a few questions concerning what happened."

"Of course doctor." Keenan cut him off. I watched him glance worriedly at Kimberly, who seemed to be the only one amongst us who was making an effort to make Andre feel better. "I'll be with you shortly." He added.

And it terrified me.

The tension, and the silence.

For the first time in my entire life, my brothers and I had stayed in a room and not one of us had uttered a single word to one another. For once, it felt like there was really no chance of things being okay.

When Keenan had arrived at the hospital with Kimberly, I was glad that he had taken my advice, but now, I was worried that he might have been right to avoid her from the start.

I couldn't bring myself to look her in the eye because of the guilt was eating me up from the inside.

Jason was right.

God was punishing us for all the bad we had done.

Did I really want my child to be born into this?

I loved my brothers with all my heart, and God knew I would die unquestionably for each of them if I had to choose. Everything we did, every choice we made, it had been to protect our own. But maybe this was a sign that it was time to stop. Maybe it was time to finally face the consequences.

"I'm going to get some coffee while we wait, okay?"

I jumped slightly and then exhaled when I felt Will wrap his arms around me. I leaned into his embrace, leaned into the safety his warmth provided me with.

"Okay." I nodded. Stealing a glance at Keenan and then Kimberly, I drew in a deep breath and then exhaled.
"Could you take Kimberly with you? She looks like she could use some air." I whispered. He was quiet for a few seconds before he nodded, letting me go.

" Need anything else?"

"Don't take too long." I told him, meaning it. I needed a few minutes alone with my brothers but I needed him here with me for the sake of my sanity.

"I won't." He placed a kiss on the back of my head, drawing in a deep breath as he then lowered his free hand to my stomach.  "I'll be right back." He told me. I watched him walk up to Kimberly and say a few words to her. She nodded, giving Andre a small tap on his shoulder before she stood up.

I watched her exchange a few words with Keenan before she left the room and I ran my fingers through my hair, the tension in the room intensifying as Will shut the door behind them.

The night of the Monroe Party

8:59PM

Jason's POV

I stared down at Sam Levines body on the ground,letting out a light sob as I watched him choke on each breath he tried to take.

What had I done?

I watched his mouth tilt upwards until he was laughing bitterly. His teeth were stained with blood,his eyes teary.

I took a step backwards and then another,letting out a sob as I felt the gun slip away from my trembling hands.

What had I done?

"Tu debes-" He breathed weakly. "Occidere monstra."

"Sa-save him." I whispered under my breath. "Don't let him die,Xi." I slowly turned to Roxi who sat not a few steps away from Samuel's body, desperately trying to hold on to what was left of her dress. She had her left hand placed over her mouth,her eyes wide open."Please,d-don't him die-"

She lowered her trembling hands from her mouth,and then let out a light sob,her eyes resting on my mask which lay on the amidst the shattered glass from the broken lamp. She turned to face me slowly, her eyes lingering on the gloves I had on before she raised her gaze to meet mine.

"Run." Her voice broke. "Y-you were never here. Keenan and I,w-we'll get him to the hospital. Pick your mask up and g-get as far away from here as you can." She sniffed. I watched her reach for her nearly damaged phone some paces away from where she sat.

I took a step backwards and then another,stopping when I got to the bed. I picked my mask up and then let out a skaky breath.

I knew I shouldn't.

I knew it was wrong,what Roxi was asking of me. Even if she was trying to protect me.

'I'll stay,I'll come with you, I won't run.' These were the words I should have said. But instead I turned around and I ran. I ran because I was scared,because I was weak,because I was a coward.

Because I was too gaddamn pathetic to own my shit.

And with every step I took away from the scene,I hated myself.

I climbed down  the stairs hurriedly and I didn't look back,not even when I brushed past Keenan talking to a lady in a black dress. He was so engrossed in his conversation with the woman in front of him,he didn't even notice.

I chocked back a sob as I pulled my gloves off and tucked them in the pocket of my blazer. I tried to steady my breathing as I made for the exit. I was a few steps away from the door when a I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

"You're Jason Monroe aren't you?" Her words slurred. She reeked of alcohol but her eyes were clear and focused. "I've been looking everywhere for your brother. Glor-"

The rest of her words were faint as I unconsciously walked past her,reaching for my keys in my pocket. I got in my car and then turned the engine on.

I reversed the car and then sped off. My hands were unsteady on the steering but I didn't care. I didn't care where I was going.  All I knew was that I had to be as far away from the scene as possible.

My heart was racing and I couldn't breathe.  Sobbing loudly,I pulled over and placed my head on the steering.

I don't know how long I cried for but when I looked up,there was a girl in a red dress standing at the centre of the bridge.