Does He Make You Happy?

Ruby's POV

"Oh My Gosh,Ruby, that's so hot." Jessica said over the phone the moment I told her about school today. I rolled my eyes.

Yes,rolling my eyes had become a habit these few weeks.

"No,Jess. Its not hot. Its crazy Jason Monroe is batshit crazy." I told her, pushing some buttons on my computer. I sat exactly in the center of my queen-sized bed, my legs tucked beneath each other.

"Say whatever you want Ruby,I think Jason Monroe is hot." She  told me, laying emphasis on the 'hot'. I sighed. "I heard he has a full sleeve tattoo on his left arm." She continued. I rolled my eyes again. Although this time,I might have tried to imagine Jason shirtless, with a full arm tattoo.

Damn he was hot.

I shook my head,shaking the thought of him away from my head. Jason Monroe was the last thing I wanted to think about before bed.

"Maybe he likes you." Jessica said after a thoughtful moment. "I heard most bad boys are mean to the girls they like." She told me. I tried hard to fight the snicker but it came out before I could help it. "Its true,Ruby." She continued. I sighed, refusing to even let myself consider that option.

"Whatever. I'm not coming." I finally said. "I'm gonna stay here and watch the breakfast club." I told her.

"What? No! Ruby, you have to come." She exclaimed. My eyebrows furrowed. "How on earth am I supposed to survive three days alone with the students of Marshall Arts? They don't even like me." She stated flatly. I sighed.

Technically, she didn't have to go either, but Jessica never missed any school activities...... Ever.

"You don't even have to consider it a school trip. Just think of it as a vacation." She continued as though to further convince me. "We could go shopping, and whatever they do in New Jersey." She continued. I bit down on my thumb and secretly thanked God on my heart that mum wasn't here to tell me about how unladylike it was. "Come on Ruby, your mum isn't even home. This is an opportunity for us to have fun--real fun." She added. I sighed.

"Even if I wanted to come, I still need mom to sign my consent slip." I told her,hoping she'd finally stop pushing it.

"Well,technically you need an adult to sign your consent slip. I'm eighteen." She said and I swear to God,I could literally see her grinning through the phone. Jessica and I were a few months apart. "Say yes,Ruby and I'll bring pizza over." She said. I paused at the fact that she'd just tried to bribe me.... With pizza. "Also, I'll get you this new Chanel dress I saw at the mall. You should totally see it. Its fucking beautiful." She continued but honestly, she'd gotten me the moment she said Chanel and dress.

"Yes!" I mentally slapped myself for how easily the words rolled off my tongue. "Still bring the pizza over though. I'm starving." I told her. She was quiet for a few seconds.

"I'll be there in five." She said and then she hung up.

Will's POV

"She's going to be fine. She's just stressed,that's all." Richard explained as I listened attentively. "Her body's still trying to adjust to being pregnant and so I suggest she takes some time away from work and anything stressful to get some rest." He explained.

If I wasn't so worried about Roxi's state of health, I'd have wanted to know what the hell Richard was doing in town. I had no idea he was back in New York City.

"Can I-" I paused. "Can I see her?" I asked, not because I needed his permission to see her but because knowing Roxi, she probably would have told them not to let any visitors in. She would go that far if she was willing to avoid someone.

He looked at me for a while.

"I'm sorry,Will." He sighed. I nodded.

"I understand." I licked my lip in attempt to get rid of the dryness. "Let her know that I'll be right here if she needs anything." I  exhaled. He nodded. I watched him walk away until he disappeared down the hallway. I sighed and then moved towards one of the metal chairs in the waiting area.

It was going to be a long night.

Roxi's POV.

I looked up the moment I heard the door open and then close softly after a few seconds. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was Richard.... Just Richard. He walked towards me with a silver tray in his gloved hands.

"Is he gone?" I asked softly. Even I noticed how slow my breathing was.

"He's outside. Said he'll be right there if you need anything." Richard said when he finally stopped beside the bed. He dropped the tray on the medium sized wooden table that came along with the private room. He looked at me for a while, a worried look on his face.

"You don't look too good,Roxi." He finally said. I sighed.

"I don't feel too good." I said dryly as he reached out to touch my forehead.

"You're burning up." He hurried towards the tray. I watched him make a few random movements since his back was facing me now and then when he turned back to me,he held an injection in his hand. I held my breath as he cleaned my arm gently with some cotton wool.

I hated needles.

"Are you happy?" He asked after a second, pulling my attention from what he was doing with my arm. "With him. Are you happy?" He asked again. I watched him shake the injection tube gently. "Does he make you happy?" He asked. I felt a slight pinch in my arm but I was too busy trying to figure out the answer to his question.

He could read me like a book. I knew he would be able to tell if I lied.

I exhaled.

"I love him,Richard." I said the first truth that came to my mind. I felt another pinch in my arm as he pulled the needle out. He looked at me for a few seconds, his blue eyes watched me intently for a few seconds. He nodded.

"Good." He said, almost in a whisper.

"What about you?" I asked softly. "Are you married?" I asked him. He was quiet for a few seconds before he faked a smile and then shook his head.

"Not yet." He said and then walked toward his tray. I watched him pick it up, my eyes suddenly feeling heavy.

"When will the test results be out?" I asked,breathing heavily.

"In a few hours. Get some rest before then." He said softly.

"Will I be Okay?" I asked,feeling my eyes close partially. This time, he said nothing. He merely smiled and then touched my hair lightly.

"Get some rest,Roxi." He whispered and just before my eyes shut completely, I watched him walk out the door.

The door shut with a light 'bang' after him.

Short A/N:

Please,do not forget to hit the ★ ☆ star below. 👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇