The Announcement.

Kimberly's POV

My jaw dropped open .

Two weeks? Just two weeks! Did I even have a say in this wedding?

I stole a quick glance at him, and then at the astonished faces of all the Monroes around me. Nobody said a word and I shifted nervously under their gazes.

"Uhm. Keenan, that's-" Elizabeth was the first to speak up. "That's surprising." She added.

"Keenan, two weeks? that's pretty soon."
The second comment was Roxi. I took in a deep breath, wishing they'd all stop talking across me.

I was right here.

I glanced down at my napkin to draw in a deep breath and when I looked up, my gaze met with the man who was sitting directly across me.

He was definitely one of them.

Andre?

Unlike every other person gathered around the table, he didn't seem like he was trying to make sense of the situation.

There was something about him.

"That's it?" Jase chuckled, pulling my attention back to the drama that was about to unfold in front of me. "That's the big announcement? You're getting married?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Jason, behave-" Roxi whispered.

"Who is this lady? I-I mean who is this?" He turned to me. "Who the fuck are you?"

I didn't want to believe I was on the verge of peeing my pants because of an eighteen year old.

"You will regard her with respect, Jason." Keenan's voice was stern. Jase scoffed.

"Bullshit!" Jason spat and then stood up. "I'm out of here." He walked away.

"Jase-" Roxi called after him.

"Let him go." Keenan rubbed his temples. Roxi sighed before she stood up too.

"I'm sorry,Keen. I just need to make sure he's okay." She walked away. Keenan drew in a deep breath.

So much for the big announcement.

"So,what's- what's your name honey?" Elizabeth fidgeted with her fork. She definitely hadn't seen this coming.

Nobody had.

"Kimberly Hastings. " Keenan answered before I could. Elizabeth grinned.

"I believe she has a mouth, Keenan." she told him and then turned her attention back to me."Kimberly-"

I jerked a little. I had no idea why but I just did.

"I happen to know a lot of Hastings, you know?" She shot me a smile. It was a small smile but it made me feel a little but relaxed. "Which family are you from?" She continued. Keenan opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it. I had to show him that I had it all under control.

I wasn't just going to sit still, look pretty and pretend like a woman who was bloody excited to be engaged. I let out a nervous chuckle.

"You wouldn't know mine. It's the regular kind." I answered. She looked taken aback for a few seconds but then she chuckled.

"Regular is good enough." She said. I felt the tension slip away like it was never there. I turned to face Keenan. The look on my face spelling out the words 'I did it.'
But he wasn't smiling . No,he wasn't smiling at all. Rather, he was looking at me like he wanted to kill me and I was sure he would if he had the chance.

Jase's POV

I threw my blazer on the bed almost as soon as I walked into my old room. I raked my hand through my hair and then let out a frustrated sigh.

"Jason!" Roxi ran in after me.

"Do not start with me, Roxi." I whirled around quickly and started to take off my shoes.

"What in God's name is wrong with you?" She raked her hand through her hair. "Why would you do that out there? Behave like that-."

"Behave like what?" I snapped, raising an eyebrow. "Like I'm crazy? Irritated? Well guess what. I am." I undid the cuffs of my shirt and then rubbed my temples. "Why did you even follow me? To suggest that I should go back to therapy again?"

Okay, maybe I was taking this a little too far.

"I didn't say anything about therapy-"

"Do you see the way you're looking at me right now?" I placed both hands on my waist. To be honest, I was furious and I just wanted to make her feel bad.

"Jase-"  She started. "I'm here because I love you. "

"You love me?" I chuckled, feeling tears find their way to my eyes.

Of course she loved me.

"Don't you love Will too?" I rose an eyebrow. "You love him and yet, he's fucking the maid!" I rose my voice a little. "Dre loves Maece. What is he doing down there, when the woman that he loves has been behind bars for over two weeks now?" I rose an eyebrow. "You love me? So what?" I muttered. I was taking my anger out on her and I knew it was unfair.

But I was so angry.

"How long will you pretend to not realize that in the end, that lady down there is going to end up just like the rest of us?" I moved towards her. "We both know Keenan doesn't give two fucks about her. It'd only be a short while before whatever light she has in her burns out. Until we infect her with all of our darkness?"

She looked at me for a moment and then sniffed.

"Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, Jase." She looked me straight in the eye. "When I look at this family, all I see is how far we've come, how much we've grown and endured within these past years. All I see is hope, okay?" She sniffed. "I don't care if it cost me ten years of my life, Jase, I'd give more if I could." She paused and then let a drop of tear roll down her cheek. It broke my heart to see her like this. My eyes stung.

Fuck

"I did not sacrifice my entire life to watch this family burn, Jase. I did not give up on all my dreams to watch you throw away your entire life. I can't-"she paused and then drew in a deep breath. "All injuries heal. I believe we can too. But we can't do this without you." She inhaled and then raked her hand through her hair. I knew she wanted me to say something. Anything. But instead, I just stared at her. She sighed and then nodded before she walked away.

Bloody hell!

I had hurt her. I had hurt the one person who stayed by me, the one person I shouldn't have. Deliberately.

I raked my hand through my hair and then threw myself on the bed.

Maybe I really was crazy....