30. Files

Jaxson

The next morning Shawn and Ana came over early. They were here before anyone else in the house was awake.

I usually get up early but Avery kept me up, I know babies cry throughout the night, but it wasn't this bad at the hospital. Maybe he was acting like this because he was in a new place but it definitely wasn't normal for him.

Suprisingly, Bella stayed in her own room all night and Ava didn't fight me over going to check on Avery, I think she's finally accepting that she needs to rest.

I found out Ana and Shawn were here because I got up to check on Avery since he hadn't cried in a while and found Shawn sitting in the rocking chair holding him.

"Good morning!" He says when he notices me. "How long have you been here?" I ask him confused. "An hour, Ana's downstairs cooking breakfast for you guys."

"Ana's here too?" I ask him and he nods. ''Want to know what I was thinking about?" He asks me. "Probably me regretting giving you a key." I tell him and he laughs.

"No but really, you had this huge house before you even had a family to live in it, that's embarrassing." He tells me and I laugh.

"Yours is big too." "Not this big though, you have empty rooms just sitting in here. You have space for four more kids." I laugh at him.

"Speaking of kids, I need to run somewhere, can you look after him and Bella while Ava sleeps?" I ask him and he nods.

"I'll be right here." He tells me and I thank him. I go back into my room and slip on some casual clothes before leaving.

The only reason I know where Avas dad lives is because he called her here one time and I refused to let her go alone.

I regret not helping her more than I did after I found out what he was doing to her. She's so strong though. I'm going to make sure that after she gets better she has a good life.

Once I get through the gate of his some what mansion I look for a way in. I didn't think this through.

I have no way in. I don't have a key, nor do I know where I can find one. I should've asked Ava before I left.

I didn't tell anyone about the file because I don't want to get their hopes up. I still don't trust that man. No matter how much he changes, I'll never trust or respect him.

Instead of giving up I decide to force my way in. I start looking for any first floor window open and was instantly disappointed.

The only choice I have is to break in. I go to the sliding doors on the side and break the glass with a small gardening shovel I found in the back yard. I stick my hand through the hole I created and unlock the door.

My second mistake was not asking Mr. Hudson where his office was. His house is bigger than mine and that's saying a lot.

I go around looking through the downstairs rooms until I find it. His house is straight out of a movie. The walls are red and every room has a chandelier. It looks like it's used for decoration purposes only.

His kitchen looked brand new as if nothing was ever cooked inside of it. I'm grateful my dad's house was the exact opposite. Aside from the size of it we had a normal family home, I wish Ava could've experienced a lot of things she didn't get to because of her dad.

The office is a mess. Papers are all over the floor and so is his computer. It looks like someone broke in but the room is full of expensive things so I doubt that's what happened.

Maybe he had a break down in here and just left it how it was. It reminds me of the day I broke into Hudson and Co, and saw Avas office.

I go over to the desk and hope the papers I'm looking for aren't scattered on the floor with the rest.

I slide open the drawer and let out a sigh of relief. The only file left untouched has Ana Austin written in blue ink.

I take it and walk out of the office. I planned on leaving but walked up the stairs. I want to see what Avas room looks like. After walking into three random rooms, I find it.

I was more surprised to see her room than I was when I found the office. Her room was the exact opposite of the entire house. I didn't look miserable.

Her room walls are painted pink and she had a princess bed frame. A white vanity sat next to her bed on one side and book shelf full of books on the other.

The most surprising part was the crib and baby toys in the middle of the large room. I never knew Bella stayed here with her I always assumed they were always at my house.

I never thought about anything that happened before I came back. What if he did all of this to Ava while she was still pregnant with Bella.  I wonder how she was able to leave this house.

I decide that I'll have this conversation with her tonight, only if she wants to talk about it.

I restrain myself from opening the file until I got home. I was happy to find Ava awake in kitchen with Ana and Shawn. Bella must still be asleep.

She smiles at me when I enter the kitchen. I smile back happy to see her in our house again. I go over and kiss her before explaining the file I have in my hand to everyone.

"Is it really going to tell me where he is?" Ana asks me with the file in her hand. "It should, I'm not sure though, All he told was that it has everything about you and him in it." 

She takes no time to open it. She looks through the stacks of paper until she sees one specific one. We don't say anything as she reads over it.

"H-he adopted him." She says with wide eyes. Ava takes the paper from her and she stays frozen. "Where is he?" Ava asks her sister. She gets no response.

Shawn grabs to folder and looks for another piece of paper. Ava and I read over the adoption paper. "Justin Austin?" Ava says aloud surprised.

"Do you know him?" I ask just as Ava and Shawn make eye contact with each other. Both Ana and I look at the two confused.

"You know him? Please tell me he's okay." "Go get him!" Ava practically yells at Shawn and he nods. Without saying a word to either or us, Shawn takes Anas hands and hurrys out the door. I can't get over the shock on both their faces. "Who is he?"

"He's an orphan. I mean we thought he was. My dad had him job shadow me and Shawn many times. I haven't seen him since last year." She tells me and I look at her confused.

"Where is he?" I ask her. "He's at that school. The one by your company. I don't remember what it's called." "That's a private school, Ava how can an orphan go to a private school."

"My dad said he got a scholarship. He's so smart." "Wow." Is all I can say. "How are they just going to get him?"

"Shawn and I are listed as people who can pick him up since it was educational. It's only a school though so you can get him anytime."

We eat breakfast while we anxiously wait for them to get back.