37. Old Friend

Jaxson

We all left Ana's apartment early that morning for the flight, Shawn met us at the airport.

"You mean to tell me the company has a private jet and I've been booking normal flights."

Shawn says as we board the jet. I lay Bella across the couch to let her continue to sleep.
Everyone is tired. Even Justin still looks slumped.

I can tell it's going to be quiet the first half of the flight. The only people fully awake is Shawn and Avery.

Ava and I sit ahead of the couch Bella is sleeping on and I carry Avery in my arms.

We have everything for him including his car seat and a bouncer for him to sleep in I just have to build it back up when we get to my house.

Ana and Shawn sit in seats across the small hall beside us. Justin lays across the two seats in front of his mom.

"How are you feeling?" I ask Ava. "Stressed!" She tells me while staring out the window.

"It'll go away soon." I tell her. "This is going to follow me forever." She tells me with a frown.

It sucks because there's nothing I can say that can make all the talk happening on the internet stop.

I just give her an apologetic smile and she smiles back. She leans her head on my shoulder and we both fall asleep soon after takeoff.

The flight is almost over when I wake up. Everyone else seems to have been up for a while.

Bella and Justin are sitting at the table drawing and Shawn and Ana are watching a movie.

Ava on the other hand is staring at her phone screen intensively.  She looks way too stressed for this to be a vacation.

I gently take her phone out of her hand and she looks at me. "Device free vacation?" I say to her.

She nods in agreement. "We're almost there!" I let her know after checking the time.

She genuinely smiles. "I'm excited." She tells me and I nod. "You deserve a break." I tell her.

"Well for that too, but I want to see what you used to do when you lived here." She tells me.

"I surfed and mainly spent time on the beach."
"You can surf?" She looks at me surprised. I laugh at her.

"I took a lot of lessons when I first moved here to kill time." I tel her. "It's like I don't even know you." She tells me. I laugh at her reaction.

"It's okay, I didn't know you couldn't surf so we're even." I say to her and she laughs. I love her smile.

Within a few hours we were walking off of the plane and into the airport. The first place we head to after getting our luggage is to renting a car.

We choose an SUV so that we can all fit. I easily drive us all to my beach house. I get deja vu as I pass the many shops and businesses.

"It's so pretty here." Ana says aloud. "It is!" Ava agrees with her. "Just wait til we get to the beach."  I tell the two.

"Daddy I have to use the bathroom." Bella says from the very back. "We're almost there Princess." I tell her.

Their eyes are wide open the moment the house comes into view. There's a full garden around it with a fountain in the middle.

It's a pretty big house. I like it more than the house I actually live in now. "Jaxson!" Shawn says with a smirk.

"What?" "I've never seen a more dramatic house. You can tell you were a spoiled rich kid what the hell!" He says and I laugh.