Playtime?

It had been a almost three weeks since that first day that we ended up back at the boy's home. Owen was pretty much back to normal but Declan was still nowhere in sight. Xerxes had tried to communicate with him but all he got was silence. Not that I wasn't happy that we had Xerxes around but I missed my sweet Declan.

Everyone had been on edge with the impending battle with my boys' Uncle. We were told that the pack had been training hard in order to defend the two young men they had come to love and their mate. None of them really knew all of what had actually happened with the three of us nor did they know that their beloved Declan was technically AWOL but they were willing to put their life on the line to defend their packmates.

Xerxes had grown quite fond of Owen and Declan's fathers but he simply hated everyone else. A man came upstairs, while all seven of us were just sitting around chatting, to let the Alpha's know of some development in the problem with Alpha Reynolds and Xerxes shifted immediately and attacked the man who got too close.

Needless to say we weren't allowed out the room much. We only left four times in the past week and that was because Xerxes began to get restless so as soon as Owen was able to shift again they went out to run for an hour each time. Everyone was commanded to stay inside and to stay away from the two wolves at all costs. It was hard to explain to everyone what exactly happened but that didn't stop Damien from trying.

All he succeeded in doing was frightening all the children and putting all the adults on guard. Imani had to go back and make sure that everyone understood that the two wolves weren't completely and utterly dangerous. 

Whenever they came back rushing into the room I had to make sure that I was out of the way because they were always extra playful. Owen loved to nibble and Xerxes loved to pin. Each action alone weren't strong enough to turn me on but both together made me want to lock the doors and hide away for days. I'm sure that was the point but I didn't think we were ready for that yet.

Tonight is the fifth night that they've been allowed outside the room. Owen and Xerxes were currently running around outside and the light howls that filled the air told me that Imani and Damien had went running with them; possibly Nicholai as well.

A knock on the door startled me from my thoughts and I looked down to make sure I was properly clothed. A shirt and some shorts? Yeah, that seemed to work quite well. I called out for them to come in and in walked Mateus.

"How's it going?" I questioned as he walked over to the bed. Taking a seat on the side of the bed he sighed heavily before lying back on the top of the covers besides me.

"Good. I just wish all of this would be over already." He replied. It was the first time I actually heard the older man sound so depressed. He was usually the one reassuring Nicholai that everything would be alright and that there wasn't anything to worry about.

"I'm sure you've had problems before." I replied turning my head to look at him.

"Yeah but the last time we had anything this bad happen was when the boys were little. Since then it's been relatively quiet...well as quiet as it can get for us." He answered with a shrug.

"I guess I understand. I'm sure we'll get through all this soon." I tried to lift his spirits.

"I suppose. So how's everything with you guys? You feeling better?" He questioned.

"I'm feeling great and everything is fine except Declan's still MIA. I'm sure he'll come back when he's ready but I miss him. Not that I don't absolutely love Xerxes but I miss our Decky." I answered.

"I feel the same way and I know my husbands do as well. Xerxes has quickly become one of the family but Declan is our baby boy and we miss him so much."