New Home.

My thoughts were all over the place as we continued our ride through the desert. Owen was tucked into my side with my arm draped over his shoulders. He was absolutely adorable with his eyes closed as he waited patiently for us to reach our destination.

"We've been riding around for forever..." Rue complained as the horses neighed loudly.

"No we really haven't." I laughed.

"It's only been about thirty minutes Rue." Kaya spoke in a low calming voice hoping to soothe her.

"Fine but I don't think that he should live so far away from civilization and if he does I think he should have a better way of getting to it. When we move here we're going to have to make some big changes." She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Wait! What? Move where?" Owen questioned.

"Move to Duat." She replied with a roll of her eyes.

"Why would we move here?" He asked.

"Would you be willing to leave your mate behind?" She asked us.

"Well...no, I guess not but why can't he come with us?" I asked.

"Seriously?" She questioned. "He runs an entire realm here. He wouldn't be able to just up and leave like that."

"Well maybe he could get someone to run it for him while he's gone because I don't want to leave our dads behind like that." Owen snapped.

'Calm down, we can talk about all that later. For now I'm just glad that you two are accepting me as your mate.' Set's voice echoed in mine, and no doubt Owen's, head.

"I think we're here!" Rue shouted excitedly as the horses began to slow down a bit. We all stood up inside the chariot and looked around to see if we could see Set's home but we saw nothing.

"What the hell?" Rue shouted throwing up her hands in frustration.

"Why are we stopping?" Owen asked just as confused.

I was about to open my mouth to say something when the ground beneath us began to quake. Reaching out I quickly grabbed ahold of Owen, brought him close to me and held on to the side of the chariot to secure us. Peering over the side I watched as the ground split and the sand began to flow like a waterfall into some sort of underground cave.

When I looked closer I could see that it wasn't some kind of earth quake, rather a secret entrance of sorts. There was a metal ramp that led down deeper into the cave that we stood in front of. Set's chariot was still in front of ours and neither him, Amun, or the horses looked fazed which means that this was common for them.

"I think we're okay." I replied standing up straighter as the shaking stopped.

"What was that?" Kaya questioned as he loosened his grip on Rue.

"It looks like a secret entrance." I replied as I watched Set's chariot descend into the dark tunnel before our horses began to follow.

"Really? That's so cool!" Rue shouted excitedly as she jumped out of Kaya's hold and leaned over the side of the chariot to see.

The warmth of the sun that had been warming my bare chest was replaced with the chill of the dark, underground cave which we descended into. The sound of the horses hooves hitting the hard ground echoed off the walls and sounded almost ominous as we carried on.

"I wonder why he has a secret entrance?" I questioned aloud as the only source of light, the entrance to the cave, began to disappear.

We were momentarily shrouded in darkness as the entrance closed with a loud thud. Then as Set's chariot rode on lights began to flicker on the wall as he passed. The path was lit enough for us to see where we were headed but not enough to keep track of where we were going with all the twists and turns.