A Family Reunion Of Sorts.

If you’ve never traveled interdimensional before I don’t recommend it. According to Horus, who I am coming dangerously close to hating, it was the only way to travel back to where we needed to be. Of course I didn’t really believe him but when you have one mate injured and another captured it’s hard to say no to anything.

It was almost as bad as the way Set took us to get to the forest. The air was instantly sucked from our lungs as we traveled through a vortex of blackness devoid of any sound or light. There was nothing in there besides us and if it wasn’t for Set clinging to the bit of scruff on the back of my neck I would have assumed I was alone traveling.

We managed to get through the vortex of death before safely landing outside of another forest that smelt different than the one we were already in. The air was thick with a toxic smell that my heightened senses weren’t use to. I figured it was the smell of civilization but kept my thoughts to myself as I followed behind Horus.

He hadn’t said much after announcing that we were going to see our Uncle. I was curious as to why Set had disagreed so much with that. So we went to go see some family members, what’s the big deal with that?

Just thinking about what my mate had done though hurt me in ways I don’t yet understand. When Horus explained that they had made a deal and Set promised him anything in exchange for information my heart dropped. Clearly Set hadn’t thought this through. What if Horus had wanted Set to give us to him? What if he wanted Set to kill himself leaving us mateless? There were a million and one possibilities and Set had only seen the one option.

“Oh don’t pout Decky. Once we get there and you see what I need you to see you’ll understand why I did all this.” Horus chastised me as he led us through the forest with Owen over one shoulder and Set and I following behind them.

Owen whined as he was carried over downed tree limbs. He grumbled over our link about being man handled and  snorted when Horus jostled him over his shoulder. I told him to take a bite out of that big meaty shoulder of his but Set warned us that now wasn't the time to take risks.

Horus must have used something that was harmful, even to gods, because Set was still taking a long time to recover. He was now walking on his own but every so often a limp would present itself followed by a quiet hiss of pain. He wasn't fooling me, I knew that he was in pain but he refused to accept any help. I'm sure it was more of a way to look strong in front of Horus rather than show him how weak he is right now.

"It's too long of a walk so we'll just have to drive the rest of the way there. The two of you need to shift." Horus spoke as he put Owen down so that he was finally standing on his own two feet. He refused to let him go though so he half stood and half crouched as he held onto Owen.

"They can't shift yet." Set spoke up but it was barely a whisper.

"What do you mean they can't shift? What's wrong with them?" Horus questioned as his nose scrunched up in disgust as he looked down at Owen. The growl slipped out my mouth before I could stop it as Owen shrunk back into the ground with the look Horus was giving him.

"There's nothing wrong with them!" Set shouted angrily before shrinking back in pain. He righted himself before Horus looked back up at him, cocking one eyebrow and waiting for him to finish. "They seem to forgot a lot of things since the last time you saw them, including the fact that they were in fact shifters."

"Ahh, I almost forgot about that. Well, that is going to be a problem." He sighed before waving his arm before us as a large black van materialized on the roadside. "Get in."

'Yeah, this doesn't have suspicious written all over it.' I laughed over our link.

"Why are you just standing there? I said get in." He snarled as he tossed Owen into the side where the large van door had been slid open.