Getting To Know You...

The night brought the cold quickly as it would in any desert setting. Set had warned us that the temperature would drop but none of us thought it would ever get this cold. I was shocked that it wasn't snowing yet with the way it felt. The six of us were sitting in a large elegant dining room that could easily seat about forty people. The only reason we were in here instead of in Set's less formal dining area was because Rue demanded we eat in here and somehow she usually gets what she wants.

"Is it always this cold at night?" She questioned as she brought the spoon in her hand to her lip and sipped at the soup it held.

"It is always cold here at night but since Amun and I have been here all our  lives we have adapted quite easily to the temperature however you four might want to get something a bit warmer shipped to the house." Set replied to her as he dipped a piece of bread into his soup before biting down on it.

"Or Amun, Kaya, and I could just snuggle up all night." Rue replied suggestively as she turned to look at her mates who were on either side of her.

"Can we do that too?" Set questioned as he turned to look at the two of us. Owen was sitting besides me and in between Set and I.

"You'll have to ask Declan." Owen replied without even looking up from his soup.

"What?" I shouted a bit too loudly.

"Can we do that my little pup?" Set purred.

"N-No we can't do tha-that." I stuttered as I dropped my head and dipped my spoon into the bowl of hot soup.

"Why does Amun get to have all the fun?" Set pouted and tossed his spoon in his bowl angrily like a spoilt child.

"We can play later now eat your food." Owen replied as he ripped a piece of bread and dipped it in the soup like Set was doing earlier.

"Oooo....Look at our little Owen growing up and taking charge." Rue laughed.

"I've always been grown but I usually just let Declan handle most things because that's what him and his wolf are best at. I can problem solve but you know how Declan loves action, he always wants to do something." Owen replied finally looking up at us.

"You four are siblings, yes?" Set questioned.

"Yup!" Rue chirped as she licked her lips and sat back in her seat looking sated.

"If  you don't mind me asking, how did that happen?" He questioned.

"Well Kaya and I were found together by our mom and she raised us with just the four of us; me, Takaya, our mom and dad. Then our dad was killed by our old Alpha and so was our mom later on. We were adopted by our dads and Owen and Declan were already there." Rue explained their side of the story.

"After we left our originally pack we were found by the neighboring pack who took us in. The Alpha's son adopted us along with his mates and they took us home when we were only six. After a while they adopted Rue and Kaya and ever since they've been our siblings." Owen replied for us.

"So you don't mind being mates?" Set asked Kaya and Set.

"Not at all. I feel like Kaya and I were always meant to be. He's been by my side since the beginning and just like Owen and Declan I always knew that our fates were intertwined." She explained.

"Our dads always thought that the four of us would be mates but when the time came and we didn't feel anything for Owen and Declan I pretty much gathered that we weren't meant to be. However, I started to see Rue in a different light and it just made sense." Kaya explained.

"Well that's quite interesting." Set muttered as he looked away in thought.

"What's interesting?" Rue questioned.