Great Escapes and a Mate Named Xerxes.

As dramatic as my exit was it was hard to actually get us out of there. There was some sort of barrier around his land. I wasn't worried about breaking through it because with enough power I could shatter the barrier that the witches put up. Unfortunately I was running low on energy these days since most of it was going to Owen to help him heal faster.

I needed to know how big this territory was because if I just kept bouncing around and never reaching the border I would never be able to get out of here. Once outside I'm sure I could contact Hermes now that I was back in the boys' home world.

"Declan I'm going to put Owen on your back. Keep him safe and stay put." I told him as I shifted Owen in my arms and at the mention of our mate he stopped pacing and turned towards me. Walking right up to me he laid down and waited for me to put him down.

For a feral wolf he sure was tamed. In the cell he was completely different and he actually looked like he was ready to attack everything but right now he seemed perfectly sane. Either way now wasn't the time to try and figure that out.

"You wouldn't know how to get out of here would you?" I asked Declan who was more preoccupied with his mate. He licked Owen's hand which was hanging limply over his shoulder.

'I c-can he-help.' Owen's voice sounded in my mind. 'Turn a-around and head straight towards the so-sound of the stream. Once you hi-hit the stream keep going another ten or fifteen minutes and then you're at the border.'

"Thanks Love, you're amazing." I leaned down and kissed the back of his head. He nuzzled his face deeper into Declan's fur with a soft sigh. "Alright, come on Decky."

With a huff Declan followed behind me as we raced to get through the territory unnoticed. It was definitely going to be difficult but if we moved fast enough we could get through alright. I instructed Owen to hold onto Declan as best he could as we sprinted in between the trees trying to avoid being seen.

I knew there had to be wolves around here somewhere patrolling or maybe just wondering around but I hoped that they would be a lot closer to the large house that we were originally in rather than out here running around. If we were lucky my guess would be right and it would be easy enough to get out of here without being noticed.

"The sound of the stream is getting louder. We're almost there." I announced although I knew they could hear it to.

As we continued dashing forward my mind went back to my mates. Clearly something was wrong with them. Owen wasn't healing at all without my help and he wasn't actually talking out loud. He was simply speaking through our link and even then he still sounded like he was in pain. Then there was Declan; he wasn't even Declan anymore. I couldn't hear our Declan through the mental link. All that's there when I try to speak to him is growling and yips.

This was new territory for me. I know a bit about shifters but I knew nothing about werewolves. I wasn't sure how I was going to deal with my mates' problems but they were my responsibility. I loved them and I would make sure that they would be better soon.

'It hu-hurts again.' Owen whimpered.

It broke my heart and I needed to get him some real help but it was impossible for me to keep helping him while I did the jump. It pained me to have to tell him this but I wouldn't be able to dull the pain for the next ten minutes or so. We had just reached the creek and I needed to save up enough energy to punch through the barrier and get us far enough away.

"Love, I'm so sorry but you're going to have to hold on just a bit longer. I need to reserve some type of energy so I can't heal you right this second." I replied and was met with low growl from Declan's wolf. His canines were bared slightly as he growled back at me in disapproval.