Not sure yet.

We just couldn't figure it out. It had been a couple of weeks since we had thrown Reynolds off our land and we had yet to figure out a plan of attack. We had sent scout after scout to where his territory supposedly was and each one came back not being able to even find it.

They all would run just close enough to where we were sure it was but there was no way to even pick up another wolf's scent. There was something shielding it, shielding them; not like the one we had around our pack to keep mortals away. It was something more powerful than that.

"What if we get a few more witches-" Damien began.

"And do what? The good ones refuse to get in between our two packs and we don't want to mess with the bad ones." Imani reminded him.

"Yeah but maybe we can convince one or two. That's all we would need right?" He questioned.

"I suppose so but that could take forever. You remember how long it took to find the ones who created the protection spell around our pack's land? They keep to themselves and they're quite elusive." Imani answered as Nicholai began pacing back and forth in front of the room where Ashlyn was lying, unconcious.

The hallway was void of everyone besides us. Rue, Kaya and Amun sat in the chair closest to the door. Rue was silent. That was never good. My sister could talk you to death and then ramble on some more but it was as if she was lost in her own world sitting there covered in Ashlyn's blood once again.

There had been so much when she first carried her down the stairs. There was a terrifying trail of blood leading from the guest room to the pack doctor's office but at that point none of us could have been bothered to even care to clean it.

"If she was awake we could figure something out." He huffed as he stopped in front of the door and simply stared at it. As if staring at the solid mass of wood was going to somehow wake her up.

"She lost too much blood and she's barely hanging on by a thread right now. We can only wait at this point for her to wake up on her own." Mateus told Nicholai.

"Yes but I don't do waiting very well Mateus, I'm quite impatient." He groaned.

"Can we get a kitty?" Owen questioned Set who was sitting on the ground with his arms wrapped around Owen. Owen had taken himself out of the conversation having to deal with Reynolds because he couldn't handle it anymore and no one pushed him to have to deal with it. Owen was natural a sweet wolf, he wasn't blood thirsty like some wolves and he didn't have an urge to fight.

Set was supposed to be keeping him occupied in our room but both refused to be too far away from me after just getting me back. So here the two of them sat outside the medical room as we all waited for some sort of update from the doctor.

"I don't know if wolves and cats mix very well." Set mused as he raised one hand to rake it through Owen's blonde locks. They just looked so peaceful there in the midst of all this drama, like my own personal oasis in the midst of the desert.

"We should get one anyways." I replied. "If Owen wants a cat we'll get one that likes us." 

Owen brightened up instantly at that and jumped up to hug me. My arms wrapped around him instantly and I felt a wave of calmness just wash over me. He was always the one to calm me down whenever things were going wrong and he never seemed to disappoint.

"Alphas?" A light female voice questioned.

"Yes Valerie." Mateus answered as we all turned our attention to the nurse who was looking after Ashlyn.

"She's stable now but just barely. We had to give her a lot of blood and she's still unconcious. We'll just have to wait for her to wake up by herself. There's no definite time period, it could be anytime between now and years from now." She explained.