~ Chapter 5 ~

Clarke's POV

There is no way, that it was Lexa Woods.

The girl that I know from school, who drives a motorcycle, who's a captain of our school basketball team, who has got the most badass friends, and who always wears black clothes. There's no way that she would work in the amusement park as a racoon.

I guess there's only one way to find out. I took out my phone and stared at the number.

I won't call her, that's obvious. But I could text her.

After she walked away from me, the rest of our small group found me. It took us an hour to finally reach the end of Floukru. Mum proposed to buy some souvenirs, and after that we headed back home. Madi was so happy. A huge grin didn't leave her face for a really long time.

Inside home, we all went in the different directions. Kane had to do some groceries shopping and mum had to go to hospital, so me and Madi stayed together.

We were both sitting on the couch, but she was reading some book, and I was on my phone, thinking about Lexa-maybe-Woods.

Finally, I decided to text this mysterious girl.

Clarke : Hi.

I looked for a moment at that word, and then decided to add emoji with a normal smile.

The respond came quickly, but those few seconds were one of my most stressful in the entire life. Why were they?

Lexa : Um, hi? Who's this?

Oh, right. I didn't even type my name.

Clarke : It's Clarke.

Clarke : From the amusement park.

Lexa : Oh, right.

Lexa : Hi, Clarke. I'm Lexa :)

Is there any way that this badass girl I know from school would send me a smile in the text.

Nope.

Lexa : So, how the lecture is going?

Clarke : Good. Thanks.

Should I tell her, that I was reading this book only because I found it in my bag. I had no idea what this book was doing there. Maybe I should leave this for later.

If there would be any 'later'.

Clarke : Are you still at your work?

A minute passed, and she didn't respond me. When I was just about to put my phone down, it buzzed.

Lexa : Actually, I got fired.

Shocked, I looked at the screen, one more time.

Clarke : Why?

Lexa : Well...

Lexa : Let's just say that it wasn't the first time I talked on my shift with a beautiful girl...

I felt like my face turned red in a one second.

I looked at Madi, to see if she noticed that, but she was still focused on some book.

I stared at phone. Has she just called me 'beautiful'?

Clarke : It's my fault? Omg, I'm so sorry!

Lexa : At least, I got your number.

Clarke : Is there any way I could make it up to you?

Lexa : You could say yes if I would ask you out.

Clarke : Are you asking me for a date?