~ Chapter 19 ~

Lexa's POV

Clarke had to go back to her house, so it was just Aden and I. Though, he soon got very tired, so we came to ours, too. Aden went to his room to take a nap, I came to the kitchen, where my mom was.

"Are you sure you want to go through this again?" she asked, as soon as I walked in. I frowned. "Lying, pretending, hiding?"

I sighed. I didn't. Not being able to kiss her in public wasn't so nice, but I didn't want to loose her just because of that. "We're not hiding so much. Clarke just needs some time. And it's different than with Costia. I wasn't only hiding from you, but also from Titus. It really is different this time. Clarke just needs some time to come out, but she will do it eventually. When she'll be ready."

"Okay, okay," she answered, nodding in understatement.

"Why are you even asking?" I sat at my favorite place - counter. Mom was doing the dinner.

"Because I see how she acts inside of here and outside." She looked at me, stopping what she was doing. "And I see how much it hurts you."

"Yes, it hurts me, okay? It does, a lot." I pushed myself off the counter with anger. "Not being able to do anything outside of these walls is frustrating. I can't hold her hand, I can't steal some kiss. Yes, it is tiring. But I lo--" I stopped, as soon as I realized what almost came out of my mouth, and I covered it with my hand.

Mum widened her eyes at me. "What?" She grinned. "You what?"

"I like her."

She snorted with joy. "Lexa, don't hide those feelings, don't try to run away from them. Love is not weakness. No matter what Titus's been telling you your whole life, it's not true. You will see that soon. But don't run away."

"Okay, but I just like her."

She sighed one last time, and came back to what she was doing. I walked out of the kitchen. Like her. Just like her.

The rest of the day, I spent learning, at the end of it going to the basketball practice. I texted with Clarke, before going to sleep. Next morning, I was woken up by a very nice surprise.

"Hey, sleeping beauty. It's 9 am already," some hands slipped on both side of my waist, and before I realized, they started tickling me.

My eyes shot up open and I saw Clarke right above me. As soon as she noticed that I woke up, she straddled my stomach and kept tickling my both sides. I started laughing uncontrollably, trying to get her off my body. I tried to get her hands off me, but she only caught them and pulled up my head, lowering herself to me.

"Good morning," she whispered, looking from my eyes to my lips. She smirked mischievously, before leaning to my lips.

I felt tickling butterflies in my stomach, as she bit my bottom lip. I leaned more, but she pulled away. As an instinct, I went higher to connect our lips again, but I didn't find hers. I only heard chuckling. I opened my eyes to see Clarke staring at me satisfied.

"I do love waking up like that," I whispered, still amazed by the kiss.

"Well, I'm not sleeping since 7, so I figured I'd come here," she said, moving away from my body, letting me sit up.

"Well, I'm glad you did, because it was a very nice surprise," I answered, leaning closer to her lips, but she stopped me, putting one finger on my lips. I pouted, looking at her.

"Maybe go wash your teeth first," she said, smirking.

I closed my eyes. "Good point," I said, and moved from her. I got out of my duvets and jumped off the bed. I felt her eyes on my ass, as I was only wearing big oversize T-shirt and some black panties.

I walked into the closet for some shorts and a bra, then into the bathroom. It took me a few minutes to get myself ready. As I walked into my room again, I saw that Clarke made my bed.

I smiled. "I'm so lucky to have you."

"Yeah, you're a lucky bitch," she laughed, as I walked to the edge of it and pecked her lips. "Are you hungry?"

"No, not really. We can just stay here," I said, getting up to her. I turned on the tv and PlayStation, getting my pad.

She moved to the wall that was on the opposite side of the television and I leaned on her. She rested her chin on my head, watching me play, with her arms wrapped around my sides.

Clarke's POV

After some time that I spent watching Lexa play and on my phone, I got hungry. I didn't eat breakfast before I got here, and Lexa didn't eat it yet, too.

She told me to just find some bowls and cereals and milk. Make yourself at home. But I still felt uncomfortable with going through their cupboards. I just hoped no one would go there, as I'd be doing that. Lexa said that Aden is probably playing in his room and her mom is working in her office, on the other side of the house.

I found bowls and milk, but I couldn't find cereals.

"What are you looking for?" I heard a woman voice, right behind me. I turned to see Lexa's mom.

"Umm, cereals. Lexa said that I could just and-- I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Clarke, it's fine. You're like a family member now." She just chuckled and I sighed, relieved. "Left corner, high cupboard."

I took out the cereals and poured them to both bowls.

"What are you guys doing up there anyway?"

"Oh, Lexa's just playing on her console and I was watching," I shrugged. I poured then milk and got two spoons. "Is this all she ever does? I mean, either skates, play a game where she skate, or play basketball?"

Her mum laughed. "Yes. That's pretty much." She nodded, still smiling. "Still sure you wanna date her?"

"Damn sure," I answered, immediately.

She leaned over the counter. "Good. I'm glad." She nodded again. "You know, Lexa is a specific person. She hardly ever put anyone into her life, and if she does, well, there must be something in them. But, I knew you were special." Then she chuckled. "I probably shouldn't tell you that, but she couldn't stop talking about you, ever since you two met. After your first date, she was so excited. And when did I know you were special exactly? When you surprised her on Aden's birthday. She never let anyone into this house, ever. I didn't even see Costia here," she said. I frowned.

"Costia? Who is Costia?" I asked, confused.

"Wait, you don't know about Costia?" Now she was the confused one.

"No, should I?"

"Well, I don't know, but either way, it's not my call to tell you. If you wanna know, ask her, just... be gentle. And don't push her too much about it. Really." I frowned even harder, but she walked away, before I could ask anything more.

Who was that girl?