~ Chapter 15 ~

Clarke's POV

"So, Clarke. I'm pretty sure, it's my first time seeing you. But it's a pleasure. I've already heard of you a lot," Lexa's mum said after we ordered in the restaurant. I smiled at her and looked at Lexa, curious of her reaction. As I assumed, she was blushing slightly. She crossed those lovely eyes with mine, smirking in the corner of her lips, and then scowled at her mum, who just laughed at the stare. "All good things, obviously."

I opened my mouth to answer, but Aden cut me off.

"But it's not our first time," he smirked and I nodded.

"That is correct," I said. But their mum only frowned. "Oh, I once gave Lexa and Aden a ride to school before, that's where," I explained her, as I noticed the question in her look, before Lexa could react. She just nodded as a confirm of my words.

"I see," Lexa's mum answered, nodding, and taking sip of her water. Water, cause she was driving. I decided on water, too, as it was the most neutral drink. Lexa took some healthy juice, and Aden was able to convince his mum on Pepsi.

"Yeah. But let's stop with me." I chuckled and looked at Lexa. "We are here to celebrate UCLA!" I smiled and slightly nudged.

She chuckled nervously. "It's not such a big deal, really." She shook her head for no. "You're more interesting."

I felt my cheeks going red and I looked down from the slight embarrassment from it. "I assure you, not."

"Yeah, Lexa, Clarke is right on this one." Aden nodded. He was so small. He barely even came to the table - our waiter had to propose him some pillow. But he tried to be in the conversation as much. He kinda looked like a small Lexa, even though the different color of their hair. They had same eyes and a small, hardly noticeable dimple on right cheek. "You are going to leave me and mum, here, in one year! That's a big deal!"

We all laughed at his seriousness.

"Don't worry, buddy. I'm going to visit you. Christmas and birthday, maybe thanksgiving," Lexa answered him, calmingly. She nodded, assuringly.

He sighed, relieved. "Clarke, you have some plans on your future?" He then looked at me, and asked.

I smiled, nicely, trying not to laugh from him. All the effort he was putting to look and behave like us was kinda hilarious. "Well, yes. I actually want to go on some art study." I shrugged. "Still not sure where exactly, tho."

"That's nice!" Lexa smiled at me. "I didn't know you could draw."

"Yeah," I nodded. "That's been my passion since I was like six or something. I can once show you my favorite works, if you want to," I proposed, really hoping she would want to, though I played it like it didn't matter so much.

"I would love to," she grinned and my heart literally melted, in my stomach flew a bunch of butterflies, filling me with a clear happiness.

"That's great," I smiled and caught her hand, between our chairs, interlocking our fingers momentarily.

The waiter came with our food a few minutes later. I ordered pasta with a chicken, while Lexa took some salad, which more likely looked like a salad with literally roots of some other plants. I would never eat it, but she seemed to enjoy it. She was really healthy. Not so surprising, her body was perfect. All on its place. I could get some complexes from looking at her. My body was so much different. She was so toned and slim, when I had some curves here and there.

"What are you looking at? I have something on my face?" Lexa finally asked. I must have stared too intensively.

The heat came to my face, and I was damn sure I was blushing. I looked at my pasta, trying not to catch any eye contact. "Um, no," I just said, and started eating again. I heard Lexa chuckling beside me, but she dropped it. I smirked.

***

"Clarke, it was such a pleasure meeting you, and I'm looking forward to seeing you at my house," Lexa's mum said to me and then unexpectedly pulled me for a hug. I was taken off my guard by it, but after a second or so just standing there totally shook at the sudden contact, I slightly hugged her back.

"You too, Miss Woods. And I'll definitely show up some day," I nodded as an assurance and smiled widely. I'll be spending probably a lot of time at Lexa's, as mum still had no idea about us. I still preferred to leave it that way. At least, she thought I had someone at her house, a boyfriend, pfff.

"I'm gonna walk Clarke to her house and then come back at ours on mine own," Lexa announced, already taking my hand in hers.

The act kinda surprised. I nervously scanned through the people that were surrounding me, but I didn't notice anyone I would know, so I just decided to let it slip. I liked it.

"I can just give you two a drive, you know?" She looked at us questioningly.

"I know. But I want to walk my..." Lexa started, but then she stopped suddenly, looking at me. She was worried and scared. But I just smiled and slightly nodded as I had some idea on what she was about to say. She grinned, and I saw in her eyes relief. That was the first time. "Girlfriend," she nodded, happily, after saying it out loud. "To her house."

"Okay. Just be careful. You know, it's getting darker," she answered, smiling at us.

"You two are kinda cute," Aden said, nodding, and we both couldn't help but just laugh.

"Kinda?" Lexa nudged her little brother playfully and he rolled his eyes then smiled.

"Alright, alright. Totally!" He said and we all laughed. "See you later Lexa, and someday Clarke." And then they just walked away.

We started heading my home.

Lexa released the grip of my hand and put an arm around me, protectively. She was just a bit higher than me, and it fitted perfectly.

"So..." I started and sighed happily. "Girlfriends?"

She stopped at that and removed her arm, leaving herself a bit behind me, before I stopped too. I immediately turned around and looked worriedly at her. She was scared. And worried, too.

"What is it, Lex?" I asked.

"I feel like it was a mistake," she said, eventually, and looked at me. And I. I couldn't read her face.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I let out quieter, as many scenarios rushed through my mind.

She then looked at me shocked, like she just realized of something. "Oh, no. God no. Not this." She started to stutter and eventually she just gave up, sighed, and looked down. I walked closer and cupped her face, trying to make her look at me. I let go only when I was finally able to see these green. "I feel like I should've asked you, like more romantically, or something..." she whispered. I sighed, relieved. I really thought it was something much worse.

I chuckled quietly and she frowned. "Look, Lexa. I get that, but I really don't need that."

She nodded. "But then also... I didn't want you to feel like it was rushed or that-that I forced you into something you didn't want. I know it's already hard for you, taking it from the sight of the situation with your mom and I didn't want to, like... crush you with it. I didn't want to rush anything at you and..." She said it all on one breath and eventually needed to take another.

"I don't, okay? Yes, being romantic and all with it would be nice and appreciated-" I started, but as the notice didn't help her, I added fastly, "-BUT! But, the spontaneous was cool too." I smiled assuredly and fastly pecked her lips, really hoping no one was there to see it. "I get to call you my girlfriend, proudly so. That's a one good thing out of it." She grinned and took my hand. We continued our walk. "Such an Aquarius,"  I mumbled and she nudged me.

The walk was now much more peaceful when she got this off her chest. But it was good, that she did it. I knew from it, that she didn't feel the need to hide any feelings from me. That's really important, especially that the past Lexa, the Commander, was always taken by everyone as a heartless one. But she was so much more than that. And I was proudly the one to show it to the whole world.