~ Chapter 11 ~

Lexa's POV

"Lexa. You're back," mum stood rooted.

Confused, I put down my skateboard and walked to her.

"You thought I won't come back?" I laughed at her absurdity.

She frowned. "It wouldn't be the first time." She crossed her arms.

I just rolled my eyes and walked past her to the kitchen.

"So... where's Titus?"

All the way here I was wondering what happened after I left, but honestly, this house and family was so crazy, that it wasn't possible to predict anything.

I sat on the counter and stared at her as she slowly walked to me and stood just in front of me. Her expression changed - it softened.

"He..." she sighed deeply. that was weird. "He told me what happened that day." Her voice was gentle and quiet like she thought that it wouldn't be as painful if she wouldn't be loud. She was wrong. I looked at my legs. The truth was that I'd always grief for Costia, even if now it wasn't hurting me that much like a year ago. "And I told him to leave this house." My eyes widened and I finally dared to look at her. She was really proud of herself. "He's not coming back any soon." She just shook her head for no. I smiled slightly and jumped off of the counter immediately hugging her.

"Thank you," I whispered, whipping a few tears that slipped away. Mum nodded.

***

Clarke's POV

I woke up with my alarm. My daily routine took me surprisingly not so long time like I thought it would.

I ran downstairs to eat some breakfast. As I was pouring the cereals into the bowl my phone in my back pocket buzzed. All of my friends were probably still asleep as I was the only one who for some reason was waking up two hours earlier than she should. Surprised, I took out the phone to see the message from Lexa.

Dork : You're awake?

Dork : ...or am I waking you up rn?

I laughed and shook my head. Dork.

Clarke : I'm awake. No worries.

Clarke : It's surprising that you're awake, though. It's early.

Dork : Well, I'm full of surprises as you can see

Clarke : You certainly are

I poured the milk on the cereals, waiting for her to write something else. But I started eating and she still didn't say anything.

Clarke : I've been wondering bout one thing, tho...

Dork : Yes?

Clarke : The reason you messaged me

Dork : I was running and then I thought "hey, maybe Clarke wants a ride to school"

Dork : What ru sayin?

I didn't even have to think twice.

Clarke : Sure.

Clarke : I'd probably have to walk on my own, so actually gladly.

Lexa : :D

Lexa : Great. I'll be there in a few minutes.

Surprised by the time I looked at the watch, but it was 7.40. I didn't even realized.

Clarke : Great.

I ended my breakfast and packed the lunch into my backpack. Kane was probably still sleeping and mum still on her shift, so I quietly walked out of the house, closing the door behind me. Her vehicle parked under my house as I realized it.