~ Chapter 23 ~

Clarke's POV

I walked into my house with a smile glued to my face and memories in my head. I was so happy at that moment.

I didn't know if mom and Kane were sleeping already, so as quiet as I could, I took off my shoes and jacket and tried tiptoeing to the stairs.

There was no point.

"Clarke. We gotta talk about something with you, come here," I heard my mom's voice. Cold as never.

At that moment, every feeling was replaced with fear. I was terrified. I just froze, but finally walked to living room, where I thought they were.

Both, Kane and mum were indeed sitting on the couch. First thing I noticed was a suitcase, that was standing next to mum, second was look on Kane's face. That was when I realized.

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out, I had no idea what to say at that moment.

"Never in my entire life was I so disappointed, but also embarrassed with my own daughter," she started. I could feel the tears coming, this itchy feeling at the back of my throat. "Imagine my reaction when I saw her kissing a girl in public. Can you imagine that?" Every word was filled with hatred and disgust. I tried to hold back the tears, but it was a lost fight.

"Mum..." I choked out, not knowing what to do.

"I did not raise you this way, Clarke. Tell me, what did I ever do to you to deserve this?" She was looking at me, seriously, like I was going to say anything. I just started shaking my head. She sighed and looked down. "Believe me when I say that this is the hardest decision in my life. But I really hope it will teach you a right lesson." Mum stood up and put the suitcase in front of me. "I hope you will realize that this is sick. This is sickness. These doors will be open to you the day you will get better. But for now, I can't handle living with this kind of person under one roof. I packed everything for you."

And that was her last words. Her last words to her daughter that she was kicking out right now.

She just stared at me. I wiped out the tears quickly and took the suitcase.

"Goodbye, Clarke," she only added and that was it. That was really it.

When the door closed behind me and I walked away from my home, I started crying. Every wall I've built went down. I started sobbing loudly, almost screaming. It was dark already. Street lamps and me. Not a single person, nor a car.

There was only one place I could go. And so I started heading there. I couldn't calm myself down. The tears were like an endless waterfall, the pain in my chest worse then anything ever.

The way took me almost twenty minutes. Through those twenty minutes, I calmed down, only to start crying even harder at least five times already.

When I arrived at the porch and used the doorbell I wasn't crying. I was calm.

The door opened and Lexa's peaceful face immediately turned into a worried one.

And that was enough for me to start sobbing hardly again.

I either didn't hear anything or she didn't even say a single thing, but she took my suitcase and pushed me inside, closing the door behind me.

I felt her arms closing around me, comfortingly, and I held on to her so tightly, I thought I'd choke her at some point to death. But she didn't seem too bothered. I sobbed my eyes out onto her sweatshirt, when I felt her arms closing around my waist. When I didn't feel the ground under my feet anymore, I realized what she was doing. I wrapped my legs around her, letting her lift me.

She started moving with me, still crying loudly into her arm. I opened my eyes to see that she was taking me upstairs. Soon, we were in her room, where she laid me on her bed.

She quickly took my shoes off and grabbed some blanket.

I closed me eyes, still not being able to stop crying. Soon enough, I felt her strong arms around me. She wrapped the blanket around us and put her face in the crook of my neck.

I don't know if minutes or hours passed, but finally, I was so exausted, I fell asleep.