~ Chapter 7 ~

Clarke's POV

"Good morning, Miss Reyes," Octavia smiled at her nicely, when she opened the door to us.

She didn't look good, like every time we saw her. She was wearing some old, dirty clothes. She had bags under her eyes. She had a hangover.

"Octavia Blake and Clarke Griffin. I haven't seen you in a while." She tried to smile, but it more looked like a twist. "How can I help you?" She asked through clenched teeth.

"They're here to me, mother," we heard from behind Miss Reyes. She just waved her hand in defense and walked away. "Come on," Raven said and headed to her room.

We walked inside, Octavia closed the door, and we followed Raven to her room.

Her house inside wasn't better than her mom. Some trash was laying everywhere and it smelt of alcohol. Really carefully, I tried to avoid stepping on anything while walking to Raven's room. Every time here made me feel really bad for Raven. She deserved a world, not living with a woman that abused her in any possible way.

As we walked inside her room, we saw her sitting on her desk. She had her head down so that her hair fell all around her. I walked to her. For a moment I hesitated, should I hug her, check on her, or maybe something else? Fortunately, I didn't have to choose anything. She embraced me and stood up. I tangled my arms around her and she hid her head in the crook of my neck.

Octavia worried walked to us. Raven pulled away and shyly looked at us.

"Raven..." Octavia whispered as she took Raven's chin in her hand.

A big, purple bruise was under her eyes. Now we know why she didn't go with us to the mall and lied to Luna. I lightly brushed it with my finger, but she moved her head away.

"Has she done it to you?" Octavia asked, quietly. Raven just nodded. "I'll kill her," Octavia moved away and started walking to the door.

"Wait! No, O!" Raven fastly walked to her and grabbed her wrist to turn her around.

"It's not the first time! You can't just let her hurt you all the time! What was the reason?" Octavia asked, angrily. When it came to her friends she was really protective. "What was the reason?"

"She got drunk. That's it. Please, don't do anything." Raven begged her, holding Octavia's arm. "Please," she whispered.

"Fine. I won't. But it's the last time," she pointed at Raven's eye.

I sat on Raven's bed and coughed to turned their attention. I pointed at my watch. "We have one hour."

"What are you gonna wear, Rae?" Octavia asked, jumping on Raven's bed next to me.

Raven walked to her wardrobe. She was looking inside it for a moment then turned to us.

"Dress or trousers?"

"I think it depends on where she's taking you."

"Yeah, but we don't know that," Octavia answered, looking at me.

"Trousers would be more neutral for any kind of date, I suppose."

Raven thought for a moment then took some ripped black jeans. "Trousers it is." She shot us a cute smile and laid jeans on the chair. "Maybe..." She dived into her wardrobe once again. "This." She took out of it a lovely button-up shirt with stripes along it.

"Try it on," Octavia said. She stood up and pushed Raven inside her bathroom. As she closed the door, she turned to me. "She's so happy about it."

"Yes, she is. But I'm worried about Katana. Why did Ravne defend her?"

"After all, it's her mother."

Octavia opened her mouth to say something more, but Raven walked out of the bathroom and she immediately shut it. Octavia fastly jumped on the bed.

"What do you think?" Raven asked. She walked slowly to us and turned around so that we could see her from every point.

"You look great," Octavia nodded, smiling genuinely.

I stood up and clapped my hands once. "Make-up time."

"You're gonna help me cover it?"

We all walked to her bathroom.

"Of course," I answered, smiling at her.

She took out everything she had and we started covering her bruise.

***

Half an hour and Raven looked like nothing happened to it.

"Thank you, guys!" She hugged us. "Oh my gosh! I'm so nervous. She's gonna be here in a minute!" She squealed. Both I and O chuckled.

"Come on! Let's wait for her outside," Octavia put an arm around Raven and we walked outside her house.

Luna was perfectly at 12 a.m. She parked and walked outside the car to open the door for Raven. As Raven sat outside Luna waved to us.

"Have fun," Octavia said. Luna showed us thumbs up, walked inside the car, and drove away.

"What are we doing now, Griff?" Octavia put an arm around me, as we slowly started walking in some random direction.

"I'm not sure. I would love to eat something," I freed myself from her embrace so that I could look at her.

She just chuckled. "Of course you would!"

I nudged her and started walking faster. "It's fine! I can eat by myself!" I told her without looking at her.

Octavia rushed to me. "Fine. Where do you want to eat?" She asked with a nice smirk.

"Trikru cafe! We still can get there for a very late breakfast. Come on!"

"Alright! Trirku it is."

***

After a delicious late breakfast at Trirku, we separated. Octavia had to come back to her house and I recalled that I still haven't done my homework. So, I took headphones out of my backpack, plunged them into my phone, and with some good beat, I started walking to my home.

It took me fifteen minutes to walk from the cafe to my home. I didn't find a single soul inside it, so I simply just walked upside straight to my room. I decided to go on Instagram before starting homework.

Five minutes and I was about to put down my phone when I saw Raven's nick.

rea.reyes

reyes

rea.reyes A beautiful date with a beautiful girl 😊

56 likes 25 comments

Huh. She took her to the beach. Not a bad idea. Actually, not that unique. Lexa told me to meet her on the beach. Interesting...

However, I finally put down my phone and started doing my homework. I looked at my notebook. It's gonna be a long Saturday...