~ Chapter 27 ~

Lexa's POV

When we both got back from school after tiring and excruciating classes, we were literally yearning to just throw ourselves on my bed and go to sleep.

As we walked into the living room, I noticed mum and Aden doing something together. No Kane, though.

"Hi, guys," I said, as I walked closer to them. "Where is Kane?"

"He's looking for a job," mum answered, with a polite smile.

"Oh..." I nodded.

"Do you, girls, want dinner?"

I looked at Clarke, but she shook her head for no. "I'm not hungry," she said.

"I'm not hungry either, we're tired, tho. We're gonna take a nap."

Mom just smiled and nodded, then returned her attention to the TV.

I walked closer to Clarke and wrapped one arm around her, as we headed to my room. Up there, I closed the door and before Clarke got to climb up the bed, I grabbed her wrist gently, pulling her to me by a surprise.

At first, she frowned, but when we were chest to chest, she smiled peacefully, running her fingers on my face, before tucking them into my messy hair. I slipped my hands into her belt loops, pulling her the closest it was possible.

Slowly, I started kissing her. And all though I was tired just a moment ago, it didn't matter anymore when her lips were against mine and her hands in my hair. I knew I could have this anywhere and at all the times. At that moment, I just felt happy. And it felt so good.

When we pulled away out of breath, I put my one hand on her cheek, gently tracing her soft skin.

"Now we can sleep," I whispered, looking into her eyes.

The blue seemed to shine brighter when she chuckled.

"I..." started, but immediately stopped myself when I realized what I almost said. "I can help you up," I said, instead, just hoping she didn't notice.

But Clarke giggled and only said, "I think I can do that on my own." And she pulled away from me, walking up to the bed. I immediately followed her.

This time, she didn't position herself to be the little spoon, but waited with opened arms for me. My stomach seemed heavy from the amazing feeling I felt, when I laid with her arms around my body and her breath on my neck.

I fell asleep very soon after.

***

Kane still wasn't back when we woke up. Aden and mum still were watching the TV. And we still felt tired. But because we had to study for the math exam, we decided to drink coffee.

We sat on the opposite sides of the counter, drinking the coffee in the silence, just looking at each other.

Clarke took a deeper sip and when she put down the cup, I saw the foam on her nose.

I started chuckling and she just frowned. "You have..." I pointed at my own nose, as she started to wiping it off. "Yeah," I said, when she got it all off. I shook my head, still giggling. "You are such a cutie."

She tried to hide a blush with a smile, but it was too late. She got flustered. "Well, duh. Tell me something I don't know," she answered, cheekily.

"I love you," I said.

The second later everything seemed as silent as it was waiting for the response, too.

But Clarke seemed to not catch it, just smiling. Until she realized and looked at me shocked.

"Wait, what?"

But then I was so sure, I wasn't even scared to repeat it. I got off the chair and walked to her. "I love you, Griffin." I took her hands in mine.

"God, I love you, too," she said, grabbing my face and pulling me for a kiss. And as she pulled me away, I saw tears coming out of her eyes.

"Oh, baby," I started wiping them off with my hands.

"I love you so fucking much, Lexa, please never doubt that," Clarke whispered, as I pulled her into me.