~ Chapter 24 ~

Clarke's POV

When I opened my eyes, I only saw an unknown wall. But it was unknown for just a moment. When I realized where I was, I also realized why I was there. It was like a huge wave washing over me. I felt so weak, like I couldn't breathe. Out of panic, I started exhaling hardly.

Someone turned me around and I saw Lexa's scared face. Her hands immediately landed on my cheeks, her long fingers slipping into my hair.

"Look at me, it's alright. It's okay, I'm here," she whispered, looking into my eyes.

I let myself found the peace in her eyes. Green forest...

I closed my eyes and slowly nodded.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

I didn't. I didn't want to talk about it, remember it. I just wanted to forget. But I also knew, in order to forget, you need to let go.

"I came back home. And mu--" I stopped as soon as I realized. The tears showed up immediately. "Abby," I nodded. "Lexa, Abby saw us in public. She kicked me out. I didn't have anywhere to go, so I came here. Your mum doesn't mind, right? God, I didn't even think about her. I'm so sorry, I'm probably just bothering you guys. If I'm a problem just tell me and I'll go, really. I said, I don't have anywhere to go, but I'd probably find somewhere. Raven or Octavia or--"

"Klork. Look at me," Lexa only said and my eyes found hers again. Somewhere in the middle of my talking, I lost the eye contact. My eyes went somewhere different. But her calm green stopped my overthinking immediately. "You would never be a trouble or a problem. I talked with mom when you fell asleep, you got her really worried, but she said she has no problem with you staying here as mych as you need." I nodded and mouthed 'thank you'. "When I saw you at the front door yesterday, I was almost sure what happened."

The tears that showed up before now slipped away.

"Noo, don't cry," she said, whipping them away, almost immediately. "Come here, baby." She opened her arms for me and I fit into her perfectly.

We stayed like that for a while longer. But finally I couldn't ignore the hunger. My stomach was growling, forcing me to eat.

"You're hungry?" Lexa asked, looking again at me. I nodded. "Come on, maybe mum did something for breakfast already."

She pulled the blanket off us and that's when I realized I still was wearing the clothes from yesterday, and so was she, actually.

"You wanna change first?" she asked, noticing my look.

"Yeah, I think so."

I opened the suitcase and found some sweats, sweatshirt, and clean underwear. I walked into the bathroom and quickly changed. Then I waited for Lexa to change, but finally we started going downstairs.

Lexa held my hand, drawing a small circle with her thumb around my knuckle. It was such a soothing thing.

We walked downstairs and as we walked into the kitchen, a beautiful scent hit us. Pancakes.

"Oh my god, miss Woods, you really didn't have to," I said, when we noticed her making pancakes already.

"Please, Clarke, it's so fine," she said, smiling at me, as soon as she noticed me.

I was standing there, my heart shattered, holding on to the hand of the girl I adored so much, watching her mom make us a breakfast, and in that moment, I felt so whole. Like I didn't need anything more. It felt too good to be true. And even though, the half of my heart was broken, the half that belonged to Lexa was doing so good.

I smiled.

I felt Lexa's look on me. When she saw I was smiling, she smiled too.

And we, just like that, stood and smiled into each other's eyes.

Until Lexa's mum coughed, uncomfortably, shaking us out of the trance. We both looked at her. "Do you wanna eat here or upstairs?"

"Miss Woods, you didn't make this all just for us to grab it and walk out, we're gonna eat with you. Where is Aden?" I told her. In my opinion, it just wouldn't be nice.

She chuckled. "Aden is at friend's house and I gotta go to work. It's 1 pm already."

I widened my eyes at her. "1 pm? Seriously? We slept for so long?"

"Yeah, but don't worry. You just needed it. It's okay." And with that she walked out of the kitchen. "I'm gonna be back at like 8, Aden's gonna come back on his own, he said 6. Enjoy yourselves girls!" And with that she was gone.

I looked at Lexa.

"Let's eat," she said and I nodded.