~ Chapter 8 ~

Clarke's POV

Black, ripped jeans, oversized button-up shirt with a long-sleeved T-shirt under it, plus a chain and vans - that's what I decided to wear.

Octavia drove me to the beach. I got out of the car and sat on one of the benches, that was just before the sand was starting.

I was so nervous. My legs were bouncing and my stomach hurt a bit from this stress.

I haven't been on a date for a really long time. I actually kind of forgot what people do.

I looked at my watch. Lexa still had some minutes. I always liked to be too early, than too late.

I haven't texted Lexa since she asked me on a date. Since then I wondered if she was this Lexa from school or maybe some other Lexa.

And as I was deep in my own thoughts someone touched my arm. I jumped, frightened.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," I heard a familiar voice.

"Lexa," I turned around and looked at her. Baggy, ripped jeans, and some oversized T-shirt. She was also holding her leather jacket. "Hi," I smiled at her. She looked stunning, even though she was wearing such a simple outfit.

"Hey, Clarke," she accented my name, so it sounded more like 'Klork'. It sounded amazing. I've never heard anyone saying it that way. I realized I was staring at her. "I've surprised you, haven't I?" She shot me a toothy smile.

"Maybe a bit," I nodded, also smiling. "But it's not like I wasn't thinking of this possibility. Why didn't you want to tell me your surname?"

"I'm pretty sure after all of those things you've heard from Octavia you wouldn't agree on that. Am I wrong?"

"No, not really," I looked at my feet, a little bit embarrassed. How could she read me so well?

"But, because we're already here, maybe we could do what I've planned?" I stared at her for a moment and then nodded.

We started walking on the path that was next to the beach.

"I like your outfit," I decided to start some conversation. "I don't think I've seen other colors than black on you before."

Lexa just chuckled.

I looked at her with pretend shock. "Wait a second! You can laugh?!"

"Very funny, Clarke." Again this 'Klork'. I was starting liking it. "To be honest, I dug those clothes out of the darkest corner in my closet." She smirked. "I thought you'd like it."

"Oh, I like it. It's just shocking."

She chuckled again and nudged me.

"So, what're your plans?"

She just smiled at me mysteriously. "You'll find out in your time."

I pouted and she chuckled again.

We were walking like that for a few more minutes when finally we reached... a parking lot?

But then I noticed that it was completely empty, except for...

"No. NO. Lexa, I'm not sitting on this vehicle of death."

I stopped walking and just stared with horror. Lexa noticed it a few seconds later. She turned around and smiled.

"It's completely safe. I swear, nothing is gonna happen to you" she nodded, reassuringly.

She walked to me, took my hand, and slowly started leading me to her motorcycle.