His POV

His Point of View

"We are being ambushed, Mr. Velarde."

I hissed and immediately grabbed my gun. I signaled my men to position them to different locations. There were few cars on the vicinity and we are lacking. Our back up are probably heading towards here now so as much as possible I'm taking my time to be careful.

"How many are there?" I asked.

"Three cars and probably less than twenty armored men." he answered. "Just a few minutes and our back up will reach the area, Mr. Velarde."

I nodded and surveyed the surrounding. I never thought they'd actually follow me here in France. Good thing that I always make sure I have my men followed me.

I already expected this situation after being announced as the CEO of my father's company, Metal Rex. With my leadership, the company has already achieved so much in such a short span. There were a lot of competitors who got envious with what the company has reached making them come up with this low and pitiful decision-getting rid of me.

"Shit," I hissed when I heard gunshots nearby. "Where the hell are they aiming at?"

I was confused when I saw that they were not aiming at us, they were aiming to a different direction. I signaled my men to check the situation. Sumunod ako para tignan kung ano 'yon. I saw a red vehicle parked nearby and was continuously being shot.

"It was not us, Sir." said one of my men. "It's safer if we will leave the area now before they could see us."

Tumango ako sa sinabi niya.

It is indeed much better to leave since it wasn't our fight. It was theirs. In the corporate world, dirty methods such as killing is quite normal. Prolonging power, that's what matters most.

"Wait," I halted them.

Kanina ko pa tinitignan ang kotse at p'wede iyong umalis. The vehicle was a sports car and it wouldn't get hit much even if the owner decides to run away. He could easily go and escape, so why the hell isn't he moving?

Ilang minuto ang lumipas at nakita kong may lumabas na tao. A red haired French-looking man raised his hands to surrender himself. Bumaba ang iilang mga lalaki para palibutan siya habang tinututukan ng baril.

"Cover me," I told my men making them all confused but they immediately obliged.

Tumakbo ako papunta roon at may mga sumunod sa aking mga tauhan. The back ups already arrived and immediately covered for me. I heard curses from the men who were there. They were probably shocked and terrified when they saw us approaching.

Hindi ko alam sa sarili ko pero agad na nilapitan ko ang matandang lalaki. And when I saw that familiar red hair and hazel eyes, I didn't hesitate to protect him.

Shit. What the hell is he doing here?

"Leave," he suddenly said. "They want me. They've been after me for so many years. I want to end this."

Naguluhan ako sa sinabi niya pero nakita ko siyang biglang umiyak. His cries sounded painful, like he had no other choice but to do this.

"You have your family. You shouldn't die." dahil sa sinabi ko ay mas napahagulgol siya.

"They'd be better off without me." he said. "At least I did what I can, I don't want to burden them anymore."

The gunshots started so I grabbed the French man's collar and pulled him away from the area. Nagpalitan ng putok ng baril ang magkabilang panig. Dinala ko siya sa likuran ng armored vehicle.