Kabanata 36

Kabanata 36

"W-What..." halos hangin na lang iyon na lumabas sa bibig ko. 

Janice looked surprised as well. Nakita kong nanlaki ang mata niya nang binalingan niya ng tingin ang kuya niya. I was also shocked. Never have I imagined that he would straight up say that.

I mean, I know he looks threatening but I can't understand his reason for doing that. Hindi ko naman siya kilala. I never even crossed his path, so why the hell is he doing this?!

"K-Kuya...what are you saying." gulat na tanong ni Janice.

I can't utter anything, I was just looking at him, still startled.

"Leave, Janice."

"B-But I want to know why—"

"I said leave us." may diin sa pagkakasabi nito. He glanced at his sister with a gentle expression. "I want to talk with her alone."

"Pero—"

"Go back to the party, Janice. Go fix yourself. Kanina ka pa hinahanap sa venue. You shouldn't let the guest look for you, it's your birthday." 

Mukhang wala nang nagawa si Janice. Bago siya umalis ay tumingin muna siya sa'kin. She has this apologetic and guilty look. I remained stoic, I am still mad at her. I still think her reasons are so low and absurd. I can't bring myself to forgive her that easily.

When Janice left, Jansen walked towards me and sat comfortably on the couch. For someone who admit his crime, he looks calm. Naikuyom ko ang kamao ko dahil sa paraan ng pagkilos niya.

"Sit," it was more like a command.

"Don't beat around the bush and tell me already!" I gritted my teeth. 

"I won't if you don't sit." 

Galit na galit ako dahil kalmado pa rin siya na tila wala lang 'yong binitawan niyang salita kanina.

Iritable akong umupo sa may tapat niya. He was looking at me like he was amused at my expression. I was fuming mad and I was just trying to fix my composure.

"It was me." he casually said.

"You killed my father?!" napataas ang tono ng boses ko dahil sa galit. Napatayo pa ako pero hindi nagpatinag ang emosyon niya. He was looking at me stupidly.

"No," he replied. "But I was the one who sent the threats." 

"Why the hell did you do that?! Anong atraso ko sa'yo?!"

"Wala." 

Nag-init ang ulo ko sa katipiran ng sagot niya. He was like enjoying making fun of me by playing with my mind. This fucking asshole!

"I'm asking you seriously. Why would you do that?" 

"We tend to do fucked up things to protect those we love." 

Mas lalo lang akong naguluhan sa sinabi niya. I never imagine him to be poetic. Naiirita ako dahil hindi niya na lang diretsahang ipaliwanag sa'kin kung bakit.

"I know my sister's been selfish. She was desperate for that boy thus she decided to taint and ruin your company." he explained. "But it was not entirely her fault. My sister is kind and gentle, she wouldn't do that willingly, Blaire." 

He shifted into a comfortable position on his seat before glancing at me again. "I was the one who suggested to do that because I want her to be happy." 

"You resorted on doing something evil just for her to be happy?"

"I'd do anything...even if it's evil."