Fears that came true Part 2

Vanessa's pov

Whoever thought  and told me repeatedly, that controlling a mob was easy, well. Think again.

This one is crazy.  So many people. It is getting out of my control. And since majority of Mumbai's population travels by train, there are people in every imaginable shape and size here. Oh, and, with insanely loud screams.

Screaming is understandable, though. I am screaming too. On the inside. I cant scream in front of them. They think I am some kind of a superwoman. They'll probably end up laughing if they come to know that its not the bomb I am afraid of. Its them. I am afraid of them. Bombs are normal.

Yep. I am messed up.

Thank god Adam's with me. He knows my fears. He is clutching my arm so tightly, I am sure its going to break. I cant feel a thing though. Probably because he cut off the circulation.

I look over to Eve and Rupali. They are eerily calm. Which is weird. Different people react differently to stress, I guess.

The crowd is going bonkers. Loud chatter. Wailing babies.

Noisy women.

They are messing with my basic thinking mechanism. And lets not talk about the me-being-scared-of-crowds part.

Calm down, Vanessa.
Think.
There has to be a way out.
You can do this.
For Mr.G.
For these people.
For Adam,Eve and Rupali.
For Amy.
For yourself.

"Vanessa. Are you alright?"

Adam's voice disrupts whatever ladder of thought I was building. I look up to him.

He looks stressed. I can clearly see frown lines on his forehead.

"Yeah. Yeah. I am good. We need to take control now." I reply. He nods and with a flick of his wrist, he motions Eve and Rupali to come to us. 

I am just about to say something when I hear a gunshot.

There is an instant rise in the intensity of screams. I cant figure out the source of the gunshot, but I know it came from the crowd.

I dont have to predict. Soon, huge pools of people start start disintegrating, and I am left with a circle of people around three men in black, carrying guns. Apparently, the source of the gunshot.

I am still in camouflaged in the crowd, so I dont think they saw me. One of them starts hollering.

"We wont do any harm. We just want to kill the secret agent. "

As soon as people around me realise that I am the said secret agent, the move away from me. Only Adam, Eve and Rupali stay. Adam's still holding my hand.

"There you are. Oh and are those your friends? Will they protect you?" Says the second guy.

"Get her." Says the third one.

"You might get hold of me, but Amy will be here any  moment and you'll be chopsueyed." I have no idea how those words flowq out of my mouth. I sound like some kinda stupid heroine from spy movies.

"She's being taken care of. I doubt you'll ever see her again" Says the second guy with a smirk.

I almost fall.

They killed her.
No. Thats not possible.

" How about we take care of you"

says Adam as he swiftly lets go of my hand and draws his gun.

Wait. He has a gun?

The three of them turn to him. I am about to draw mine when I hear another gunshot.

It pierces through the first guy's head. Adam doesnt waste any more time and fires two more. The second guy is a goner.

The third one looks bewildered just before I fire at him. Two shots.

The public looks equally bewildered. Five gunshots in quick succession is definitely not what you expect on a railway station.

But who fired the first shot?

I am beyond surprised as  I see that its Rupali.

Yes. Rupali.
Wait. She has a gun too??

She is trembling.

"Eve. Rupali. Lead the crowd. Me and nessy are going to save Amy." Says  Adam.  He grabs my hand and we start running. But not before I notice the nods of acknowledgement between Adam and Rupali.

What the hell was that? Am I missing something?

My thoughts come to a halt as we start running. Pretty fast. Over the tracks. Crossing platforms.

To see a gun pointed over Amy's head.

I quickly draw my gun and open fire. The gunman's injured, and the men standing around her: Some are injured, two are dead. 

Adam takes care of the other few.

I run to Amy. She looks shocked.

Out of nowhere, about ten more people emerge. I grab one of the dead men's guns and me and Adam start firing. But more men emerge.

"Adam! We need help!"

"On it!" Cries Amy, who seems to have normalised, as she struggles to reach a cellphone in the gun man's pocket.
Why the hell is she using a cell phone?

I lose my ability to think straight. I go on firing. There is blood EVERYWHERE.

I continue firing until I feel a jab of pain on my waist.

There is another on my ankle.

I have been shot.

I cant give up. I simply cant. We dont have any more help. Keep firing.

But my determination does not last long. I start passing out.

But not before I hear police sirens.

Amy called the police. We have help.

My brain registers the fact as I see everything around me become faint and finally become black.

------------------------------------------------------