Phone Calls

Dedicated to seselove12 for being such a wonderful reader and supporter!

_________________________________

Phone Calls

How stupid could I possibly have been? I actually thought he was my ex best friend, and he turns out to be the person who kidnapped my boss.

Why am I even a spy?

Luke Waters. It is so difficult to think of him as someone called Luke Waters. In my head, he isn't Luke, he is Adam.

Amy is not saying a word, she knows how devastated I am. I always assumed that he has a small role to play in the whole thing. I never thought that he'd be the mastermind. I don't know if I have accepted the fact that he is involved, let alone being the mastermind. Because during all this time we stayed there, he acted so nice and kind to the both of us.

But that's what it was.

Acting.

I think I know how Julius Caesar felt when Brutus stabbed him. That breach of trust, like he used us to his advantage. I really want to go to him and ask him why he did this, but I don't think I'll be able to without breaking down. And how is he answerable to me? He is not Adam. He is Luke.

Amy places her hand tentatively on mine, her eyes looking for some sign that I am okay. I smile at her, nodding. I clutch her hand a little too tightly, because she seems like the only constant there is, and like I am holding on to her. The feeling of betrayal is so deep rooted now that I think I'll probably murder Luke the next time I see him.

"What shall we do now, Amy?" I manage to croak out.

She hands me a glass of water.

"I think they already know that we suspect them, because we left without telling them. So we need to act fast. We need to interrogate them, before they leave the city." She says.

"But do you think it is safe? I mean we have seen the amount of weapons they have. Two direct shots, and we'll be dead."

"That's true. But we need to take that risk. What else can we do? We don't really have an option. But we need to go prepared ;Bullet proof vests, guns. The trick is to hold them at gunpoint before they even get a chance to sneak off to Rupali's room for their guns."

"That's one hell of a risky plan. What if something happens to us?"

"We are spies. Fear is basically our middle name."

"Alright then. If that's the only option. To us!" I raise my glass of water and she raises hers, and we seal the deal with a toast.

Yeah, silly, I know.

_____________