It Gets Stranger.

I've never felt so happy. I want to jump so bad, but my ankle injury is keeping me from doing so. The nurses are giving me wierd looks, since I have had this huge smile plastered on my face ever since Jake  told me yesterday that I could finally go home.

Ayman enters my ever immaculate hospital room, and beams at me.
"You really are happy, aren't you Vanessa?" she says, laughing.
"You have no idea." I say, and she nods, extending her hand to me. I take it eagerly.

"Let's get you home, honey."

"Ayman. Wait."

She turns, confusion evident on her face.
"Is anything wrong? Is your waist giving you trouble? I could call Dr. Stone and he..."
I motion her to stop by raising my outstretched palm.
"I am absolutely alright, Ayman, and you are the one I should be thanking for that. Hospital stays were always horrific for me, but with you here, you made this one so much better. You've filled in not only as a doctor, but also as a friend. And I am so, so grateful. Thank you, Ayman. Thank you so very much."

I envelop her in a tight hug, and feel her hug me back.

"Are you guys having a moment or something?"

My eyes fly open at that voice. Sure enough, its Jake himself, leaning on the door casually, a smirk playing on his lips.

"No... Um. We were not, we were um... I should leave, Dr. Stone. I am sure you'll escort the patient."
Ayman leaves, looking flustered, and both, Jake and I  are controlling urges to laugh.

Jake smiles at her as she leaves, and walks over to me.

"So, are you ready to be 'escorted' home by a ruggedly handsome doctor? Oh and, make sure you keep breathing. I've been told that I make girls," he pauses for the effect,"breathless."

My jaw drops to the floor, as I stutter to form a coherent sentence.
"You're...You're..."

"Charming? I know." He completes.

"More like psychotic. Are you psychotic, Dr.Stone?"

"I don't think so, Patient. Anyway, your carriage awaits, Princess. Let's go."

"I am not a Princess!"

"So you mean you stopped reading The Princess Diaries?" he enquires.

"Um. It's a good series."

"It sure is, Princess. Now let's get you home." He says, smiling, as he lifts me up and puts me on the wheelchair. I wince a little.

"Are you alright? Does that hurt?" he asks, his eyes filled with concern.

"Just a little. But I am okay, Jake."

"I don't like it when you call me Jake, Princess." He says, frowning.

I feel my cheeks getting hotter.

"Oh really? Alright then, I'll call you... A cyborg." I say.

REALLY? That's the best I can come up with?!

Jake looks momentarily confused, and then bursts out laughing.

"Cyborg? Really? A cyborg?" he asks, between laughs.

"Yes. I think it's rather cute."

"Oh, so you think I'm cute,huh?"

My cheeks get redder and redder. I blink rapidly, trying to comprehend what I just said, and covering it up.
Thankfully, Jake starts wheeling me to the reception.

Half an hour and a million signatures later, I am finally in the car. Jake hands me the medicine chart.

"Don't forget your medication, Nessy. And," he looks away,"Take care."