Nothing Adds Up.

There has to be some kind of mistake here, right? I mean there's no way on earth this could be happening. Mr.G was so happy with us yesterday. He had said that we were one of the finest spies he'd ever mentored in his career.

Spies never operate alone, they always work in pairs. Mr. G had paired me and Amy up, and yesterday, he had said that that was one of the best decisions he ever took.

He had given us our spy codes, and we are supposed to address each other using spy codes at work, mine being AQ20, and his being X20o.
He always made it a point to never call us Vanessa or Amy, but ALWAYS by our codes. But yesterday, he had called us by our names. That meant something, right?

THEN WHY IS THIS EMAIL HERE?

I decide to shower and then call Amy up, and ask if she received the same email. I know for a fact that after last night's party, there's no way she's going to be up by now.

Last night was so much fun. Amy threw a house party, and invited all our friends to it. We danced like crazy people, hogged food like pigs, and laughed our hearts out. It was great.

Amy is a late riser, so she won't be up for at least an hour. I skip down to my bathroom, and desperately try to wash my worries away.

--------------

When I am done, I towel dry my wet hair and apply a thin layer of mascara and lip balm. With my hands shaking so much, it's a wonder I can do it.I comb my hair, but I end up snapping some; I am that frustrated.

As I stare at my reflection, I can't help but think about everything we've done. I look straight into my blue eyes as I rack my brain to see if we've done anything to get us fired. Anything at all. And I find nothing.

Wait. What if I read the email wrong?

With newfound belief, I flip my laptop again with a flourish. I read the email silently.

Ms.AQ20

We are saddened to inform you that your performance has been below average. Your improvement is nil. Since a lot is at stake, we are left with no resort but to fire you. We thank you for your dedication and time.

So. My eyes are fine. But nothing's adding up. The only explanation I can come up with is that Mr.G is bipolar.

I check my watch again. It's time to call Amy. Even if I am going to have expletives hurled at me.

---------

A/n Hi there! This is my first story here and I know the chapters are short. But I promise that they'll be longer as the story progresses. Thank you so much for reading this. Every vote and comment means the world to me, so please vote/comment/follow!
Cheers,
Aarohi.