Fears that came true ( part 1)

A/N:Well. I know, I am updating after a long time. I am sorry to all of you. I really mean it. Life's been hectic, and I really didnt have enough time.

But, in the meantime, you guys have given this story so much appreciation. This story has crossed 3.8k reads (Which is, like, almost 1400 more than the last time I updated) and 220 votes (70 more votes from last time.) These are seriously huge numbers for me. Thank you so much. :)

I am writing this chapter in two parts. The first part (this one), is from Amy's POV, and the next one will be from Vanessa's POV.

So without further ado, here is the chapter.

____________________________________________________________________________

Fears that came true (part 1)

(Not edited)

AMY'S POV

My mind is calm. I do not panic. I have been in this situation too many times. 189 times, to be precise.  

And I scraped through them. I diffused all those hundred and eighty nine bombs.  

I can do this. 

Bomb diffusing is something I was interested in from the very begining. My dad, who has now retired as the head of the bomb squad for armed forces, was never scared of them. So automatically, I am not. When Mr.G came to know of this, he arranged a month long workshop for us on this topic. I aced it. I can diffuse about seventy eight different types of explosive devices. 

I can do this.

My ladder of thoughts is interrupted by a loud and shrill scream. Soon, my senses are overpowered by screams. I see the people in front of me. 

Screaming. Shouting. Running.  

I see four hundred bodies in front of me. But it is just like a giant blur. Everyone is running for their lives. Looking for solace. It is as if this entire population has lost their abilities to think straight.  

I hear footsteps. Thousands of them.  

Screams. Too many to count.

I am standing still, with all these people trying to push me out of their ways. Most of them succeed. But I dont move. 

All I can see in this chaos is that bomb. The clock is ticking. It is as if, it has narrowed down our lives to a matter of a few minutes.  

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Vanessa's expression. Crowds are one of her worst fears. And this one is insane. I have to calm her down or she'll clam up.

"Vanessa." I say.

No response. Her eyes are on the bomb.

"Vanessa. " I repeat louder. I poke her. That seems to bring her back to the state of consiousness.

"I cant.." She starts. I cut her short.

"You can. You can, Nessy. You are going to do this. You are going to lead this crowd to safety, while I try and diffuse this bomb."

"I cant. There are way too many people."

"Yes you can, Nessy. You can. We must do this. We have the ability and the knowledge to save hundreds of lives. We can do this. We must." I say, looking into her eyes.

She seems scared. Heck, she is scared.

"Okay. I will try."

"You will succeed. I know that. You have done so many things that seemed impossible. You faced them with grit and determination. This is just a little crowd. You can do it."