Rollercoaster

"Wake up sleepyhead! Its friendship day today! Dont be a lazybutt and give your number one friend a hug!" Amy was practically shouting. I, not being a morning person, just rolled away from her. 

"Nessy!!! Wake up!" she shouted again. I had quite forgotten that she gave me that name. It is kinda cute. She used to call me Nessy, but then we are not supposed to address each other by even our first names, let alone nick names. At work, we are spies with our numbers. But since Amy cannot even remember her spy number, leave alone mine, the commander allowed her to call me Vanessa. But when we hang out outside work (which rarely happens these days), its Nessy and Amy

I felt ice-cold water being splashed on my face. I got up with a jolt and stifled a scream.

She did not do this.  

Oh yes, she did. 

Run for your life, Amy!!!

Amy already was running. I tried getting up, but being so wierdly tangled in my covers, that all I manged to do was to fall down on the floor. I somehow managed to untangle myself from the mess, and ran after Amy. She was going to regret this. No one messes up with my sleep. Its sacred.

I ran after her, out of the room, into the dining area. I could see her standing stiff and frozen.

"Aha! You are going to pay for it!" I lunged to exercise my tickling sills, when I saw what held her frozen.  

Adam.

Holy shit! I completely forgot that he was here!

Adam was watching us with great interest and amusement. He seemed to already have had his shower, and was all dressed up, his light brown hair combed back, and his trademark glasses over his grey eyes. I could recognise those glasses anywhere. He stuck to the same style since middle school. He was dressed in a casual blue shirt and jeans, but I could figure out that something was up, because Adam Taylor never, ever dresses up. He'll always have his breakfast in his pajamas. Something was definitely up.

I looked down at myself. My pajamas were crumpled, and I had just one sock on. Thats something that happens to me when I sleep; I end up losing a sock. My hair was a mess, and all the water Amy poured on me didnt help either.

Yeah. I looked like a homeless person.

Rupali was just coming back from the kitchen, carrying two stacks of bread and some butter. She looked at me, and I am pretty sure she was horrified to see me in such a state.

"hey...you are up..." she tried starting a conversation.

"Just give me a minute. I'll be right back." I said, already scurrying to my room.

After some time, as I made my way in a somewhat dignified manner to the kitchen, I could see Amy, Rupali and Adam having thier breakfast. Amy was chatting with Adam.

How can she!!?? He's my mortal enemy!

"Amy." I said, between gritted teeth."Good morning."

"Nessy!" she screamed."Happy friendship day!!"

Amy always is over enthusiastic on such days. She is so excited and child-like.

"Happy friendship day to you too...!" I said, finally smiling, and enveloped her into a bone crushing hug.

Adam was looking at me, regret in his eyes. I thought about how we used to celebrate friendship days; We would drive down to a little cafe downtown, where we had met for the first time; at a friend's birthday party. We would then chat about random stuff, laugh at jokes which made no sense. We would then exchange cards. His always had little poems, and mine always had sketches; a sketch of him, reading, or a sketch the little version of him. Our cards were not as beautiful as the ones stores sold, but were pretty nevertheless. Adam wrote amazing poems. We would then order cokes and toast them to uor friendship.