What Amy does..

Dedicated to @bulbul007 for her amazing ideas for Vanessa's character :)

AMY'S POV-

THIS. IS. NOT. POSSIBLE

My boss cannot just disappear. He was the same guy who was happy with us yesterday.

the same guy who was going to promote us.

Finally, when things were going my way. Finally when I had just bought my own house. Finally when I had left my rent-related problems ; my nagging landlord and her rants about how irregular I am; behind.

I know,okay? You dont need to tell me. I know I am lazy. I know I am untidy. Thats what I have been listening to for 26 years of my existence.

Finally, when I thought things would go my way, the universe spoils it up.

universe, you suck. You know that, dont you?

A vibration in my pocket brings me back from my train of thoughts.  Its my cell phone.  I check the caller ID. A groan escapes from my lips.

Question- why do I always have to listen to my sister go on and on about how wonderful she is? All the money she earnt and how successful her last show was? 

Of course, hen I have to put on a fake polite voice and applaud her on all that she has done.  

But really, did she earn it working day and night? Did she take any risks? She just got into the fashion industry because mom had a foothold in it. Not to mention her' I-can-do-whatever-it-takes-to-do-this' attitude. Accompanied by her snob-ish,boastful and arrogant attitude.

^^^^^^FLASHBACK^^^^^^

"But mom?!I collected all that money! I earned it! how can you give it to Ash just because she 'wants' it? I worked at the cafe for 7 hrs a day to earn that!!!"

"How can you be so mean to your little sister, Amy? She needs it! Can't you see?" That was mom.

" She could spend her money! She has all her savings!just because she needs to spend them when she reaches France doesnt mean she can get all my money!" I holler.

"BUT SHE NEEDS IT! She needs to get all her dresses and makeup. its a requirement when you enter this industry. "

"but then what about me, mom?"

I have no idea from where these tears well up in my eyes. I catch Ash smirking at me.

"Your dream can wait another year, Amy. You are anyway not going to make it big just sherlock-ing about" she scoffs.

" There is no way I an giving my money to this brat.Do you remember the last time I lent her money? She still owes me a hundred bucks. And that was seven years ago."

Ash gives me this glare. I glare back. Mom notices me (obviously). Ash makes a puppy-dog face. Thats enough for mom to choose her side.

"This is enough,Amelia." I notice mom is reaching her 'breaking point' ( READ: when she gets all fuming and starts throwing and breaking things in her vicinity.) "You are giving that money to your sister , whether you like it or not"

"I am so NOT."

"Yes you are."

"OH YEAH? watch me."

I rush back to my room. There is no way this can be happening. I read my appointment letter again. I have to take this oppurtunity. This has been my dream from as long as I can remember.