What now?

We are stumped. This is seriously not possible. Hippos would fly before anything of such sort happens.

But it has.

I keep telling myself myself that there was certainly something fishy. I recollect all that we saw in the camera room.Mr.G's entry. The phone call. His sudden disappearance.

Our boss, with his blue eyes and black hair, made all the middle aged ladies swoon. With his muscular physique from the martial arts training( he was a black belt) , it was hard to guess that this man was in his mid-forties. He could easily be mistaken for a guy of thirty.

He had this loud booming voice which ricocheted in our workplace.He usually was strict, but when he couldn't help it, a goofy grin replaced his otherwise serious expression.

He seemed to survive solely on coke. I bet he provided the Coca Cola company a huge share of their profits, by consuming almost four bottles a day!

I looked over to see what Amy was doing. She sat in this typical style of hers, her legs resting on the table, and she reclined onto the soft and cushy chair. Her blonde hair was hastily tied up in a  ponytail. Her green eyes stared at a distance. She was thinking.

There was something certainly wrong with her today.Apart from the kidnapping, I mean. I couldn't figure it out until I saw her ears.

I had to suppress a laugh when I saw it. But when I saw her socks, I couldn't suppress it any longer.

She gave me a glare, which was reserved for criminals during their interrogation.

"What are you laughing at?" She asked me .

I sobered  a little, and said," Um. You are wearing two different earrings."

She quickly reached over to her ears.

"And your socks..." I said , giggling.

When she reached down to her socks, she gasped as one of her socks was pink and the other was yellow.

I could see her getting red, redder..almost purple.

She quickly pulled her shoes and socks away and threw the socks in her drawer. She pulled out a pair of fresh blue socks and put them on .

As she looked for earrings, I looked over to the geek, to see that he was enjoying the show.

I read his name tag. Josh, it read.  He wore black rimmed geeky glasses , which had earned him his name among all of the spies. He had a tall , lanky but a frail physique. I could punch him unconscious anytime.

This disappearance of Mr.G was too high pressure for him. I could see him thinking of how this could have happened. Building a thousand situations and imagining a million scenarios.

My eyes pan to Mr.G's cabin. Now that the reality has sunk in, we need to do something to locate where Mr.G is.,My eyes swallow up every detail which can be seen through the glass partition. I see his Raybans, Keys and Notebooks. I see his bunch of unused post it notes . His array of pens. His diary. His white board. Blank. His marker and the duster. An empty bottle of Coke.

Something clicks inside me. More like a bulb suddenly glows.

The coke he ordered. This morning. Someone must have come to deliver it.

"Amy." I say. She turns to face me. I tell her all that I just thought.

" You mean we go and talk to the guy in the canteen?"

"yes. But I mean you go. You are good at stuff like that. I'll snoop around a bit in Mr.G's cabin. I'll see if I find something. We have to have missed something. " I reply.

"Okay. "

We part ways.  A voice interrupts.

"What do I do?" 

Its the Geek. I mean Josh.

"You come with me. " I say, knowing the fact that Amy doesn't like anyone else to interfere while she interrogates. She likes to be her own boss. So I let her be. I wonder what the next hour has in store for us.

--------------:-----------

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter.  They are finally getting on!  I know my chapters are really short. But please bear with me! It's my first attempt of writing a story here!

You will meet Amy in the next chapter. Its going to be her POV.

My goal? Seven votes?

I don't mean that I won't update unless I get them . I am gonna continue irrespective of the no. of. votes. But I would love hearing it from u. Please vote and comment.

xoxox

aarohi aka notepadabc13