Talking

Adam is cheating on Eve.
How in this world am I supposed to believe THAT?
I was still. Completely motionless. I forgot where I was, I forgot my pain, I forgot Amy. I was staring at a distance with the most emotionless expressions. But it was like a tornado inside me.
The anger I had for Adam for all these years came rushing back to me. But this time, it's intensity had doubled.
That bastard.
He hadn't changed. At all. He still did not care about anyone's feelings. He was not someone I used to be best friends with.
This can't be him.
He can't be the same Adam.

Sadly, he was. He was the same heartless boy who had insulted me in the cafeteria. The same boy who ruined high school for me.

Just then, I felt a sudden pang of sorrow.
For Eve.
Oh God.
Eve.

You could just see how much she loved Adam. In that little glint of joy that showed in her eyes whenever he entered the room. The way her face turned bright scarlet when anyone mentioned him. The way she'd loop her hand around his while walking.

While Eve loved him whole heartedly, he was just pretending. This probably was a joke for him.

What about this girl, who wrote him this letter? Ashley? Did she know?
Of course not.
Why would she know that her boyfriend is apparently ENGAGED WITH SOMEONE?

I completely forgot the situation I was in, and I wanted to go to Adam and slap the shit out of him.
Yes. That's what he deserves.

Except I forgot a little detail. That I was on a wheelchair and I couldn't walk.

So imagine my surprise when I fell flat on my butt when I decided to stand up and confront Adam.

And to make matters worse, I had those unhealed bullet wounds.

"AAAAAARGH!"
I was crying. Bawling, literally. My waist was killing me.

"HELP! WE NEED A DOCTOR HERE! ITS URGENT!"

Amy was too shocked to even react, but then she quickly composed herself and shouted for help.

I was crying away in pain when I heard footsteps.

"I'll get her!"

I knew that voice too well.

"Thanks, doctor...Jake Stone" Amy said, eyeing his name tag.
"Don't mention it. She needs to rest."
He said.

And with that, Jake lifted me up. Bridal style. He didn't even bother putting me back on the wheelchair. It probably would hurt, if he did that. And I was thankful.

Now if this had happened in high school, I would have been reduced to jelly. It is a very sweet gesture, but it has lost its charm because this isn't a date but a FREAKING HOSPITAL.

Also, it's Jake, and I am not sure how I feel about it anymore. Its been a long time.

I just...don't know what to do.

His eyes stared into mine, as he asked me if I was okay.
I think I nodded.
He looked...concerned. Did he still care?

Nope. He is a doctor. His job is to take care of you. Like every other patient.

It was sometimes tiring to have a negative subconscious.

I could feel his breath gently fanning my arm, as I slung it around his shoulder. I could feel his heart hammering against his chest, as he was effortlessly carrying me to my rooms.

I was sure he could hear my heart beating too. Why just him, I was pretty sure the nurses (who were gaping at us) could hear it. It was that loud and fast.