Chapter 23 [TLSW]

January 22, 2011 (3:40 pm)

I am now going back and forth between my two stories. You know what, I have a short attention span and I get distracted way too easily. But what do you want? All great writers are like that. It just so happens that when they get really into a story, they go into this little world where all they can think about is what's going down with their characters. Is that true? Haha, I have no idea, what-so-ever. I just made it up. That's what happens with me though.

_________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

This was awful. It had been two weeks since the attack. She had gone into a coma three days ago. If things were going to happen like they did with my father, Dani would be dead before nightfall.

I don't know what I was going to do. I haven't left her room once. Her family had come by to visit. Her grandparents left with the boys last week, though. Ryan still came by every day to check on her.

He's really a great guy. I mean, he didn't blame me for what happened, even if he should.

Me? I'm falling apart. I'm not going to lie. Things are just really.... I can't even say. Dani means everything to me. I barely eat anything. My mom hates seeing me like this as does everyone else. It's been worse since she went into a coma.

I'm losing my baby and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Every time we're alone, I take her hand and sit by her side. I plead to her, to God, to anyone who will listen that she won't die. There hasn't been a day when I don't cry for her.

Her parents funeral came and went. She desperately wanted to go, but I wouldn't let her. If she were to move around more, the venom would spread. She cried and begged me, but I just couldn't. If the venom were to spread faster, she would have even less time. And I didn't want to lose the little time I had left with her.

The first week we didn't talk too much. Most of the time, I'd crawl into bed with her and just hold her in my arms, knowing I wouldn't be able to do that for much longer. We never really talked, and she wouldn't allow me to kiss her. I did sneak a few kisses on her forehead and cheeks when she was asleep, though.

Now that she was unconscious, I was hurting more. I knew she was scared to die. She didn't want to and shouldn't have to. Things are so screwed right now. We only found each other three weeks ago. Two of them, she spent in a hospital bed in the pack house.

We could have had a whole life together. We had our who lives to plan out. I really thought I was going to marry her and make her the mother of my children. Dani and I were supposed be the pack's alphas. We were supposed to lead the pack together. Most of all, we were supposed to grow old together.

None of that could happen now. In a matter of seconds, our future together had been erased. Wiped clean as if it never had a chance of coming true. Both of our individual futures would end like that, too. There was no way I could live without her.

Right then and there, I made a decision that would decide my life. The moment my girl died, I would kill myself. No matter what, I wasn't going to live without her. I just couldn't.

Dani's P.O.V.

Everything was black. The last thing I remembered was Jace holding me. I was dying.

I wasn't dead yet though. It was like I could see myself. Everything Jace said to me, I heard. Every time, he touched me, I felt it. Yet, I couldn't see him.

I desperately wanted to wake up and see his face. I would give anything to see him.

And yes, I was afraid. Not because I would die. But because if I died, I would never get to see Jace again.

Jace was in so much pain right now. More pain than I was in. The venom burned through me, but Jace's emotional pain was worse. I felt him breaking inside. There wasn't a thing I could do to help him.

What was worse was knowing, I was the cause of it. If I hadn't run off, I'd be by his side. We'd be in the pack house. I'd have moved in two weeks ago. He'd be sitting on the couch watching a sports game and I'd be next to him reading a book with my feet resting lazily on his lap.

There were so many things in life I wanted to do. With Jace, especially. Things I'd never get the chance to do anymore. I hated this. I wanted to wake up so bad.

I wanted to....

Suddenly, it felt like I was drowning in a black lake of nothing. I could feel death surrounding me everywhere. I tried to scream out for help, but I couldn't find my voice.

My wolf was trying to rip out of me, to get out of this body and save itself. It couldn't. It was trapped within me.

The water was rising. Or maybe I was sinking? Yeah, that was it. I was was like something was pulling me to the bottom of the lake. I knew my breaths were limited.

If only I could say goodbye to Jace one last time. If only I could see his face one last time. If only I could stay with him. My diminishing life was filled with if only's.

The unpenitrable force pulled me under the lake. I couldn't breath. My heart had it's last beat...

And then....

I died.

_________________________________

January 22, 2011 (5:45 pm)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know... How could you do that? You just killed Dani! .....

Yes, I killed her. She's gone! Oh no, I'm such an evil person.

Just hold on a sec.... there's one more chapter. I mean don't you all want to see Jace commit suicide?

Haha....yeah.... right. You can cry now if you want.

But please stay tuned for the next chapter... it will be emotional.

TTFN