Chapter 13

January 7, 2011 (4:40 pm)

This day went by so fast today. I mean like I didn't even do that much. It really sucked because it just means that tomorrows Saturday, and then I have Sunday. Sunday is definitely going to be the worse day of the weak. I'm so dreading it. Then there's the week before exams which is the study week, ew. Sometimes, life really sucks. I mean who wishes they could be four years old again and not have to go to school? Me, that's who.

_____________________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

I told Katie all about how I was captured the night before. She was horrified when I told I'd been shot and broken my wrist. Then, she started to look me over and I just laughed. Of course, she got all defensive and said it was no laughing matter. That I could've died. Which was true in some ways, but then again it's harder to kill a werewolf than a person.

Once I was finished telling her about leaving Jace and not being able to tell him that I loved him, she started asking questions.

"How could you not love him, Dani?" she asked me. "I mean he saved your life and was there for you even though you weren't at all nice to him."

I sighed. "It's complicated, Kate. If I was anyone other than myself, I would've been able to say it. But considering my background, I can't. I'm a werewolf by a one in a trillionth chance. It doesn't happen to just anyone!"

"You're right. It doesn't," she said. "It happened to you. You're special, Dani. Jace sees it, I see it, but why don't you? You deserve him as much as he deserves you."

I shook my head. "Jace is amazing. He loves me, I know he does. Still, he deserves someone better. Someone who wants what he has to offer."

"You need what he has to offer. Don't deny it. You need a pack. Being on your own isn't going to work forever. Sooner or later, word will get out about the wild, lone she-wolf. I'm betting some sexist creeps will want to put you in your place."

Katie had no idea how right she was. It was a scary world that I was apart of. So, instead of replying, I just nodded.

"Do you love him?" she asked quietly.

I debated this for a moment. I didn't want a mate. I've never had, but if I did, Jace would be the ideal mate for me. "I think I do," I whispered. Then said more loudly, "I can't tell him yet. He's going to want me to be apart of his pack to be his forever. I'm not ready for that."

My best friend came over to hug me then. "It's okay, Dani. As long as you're headed in the right direction."

A smiled appeared on my lips as I pulled back. "God, what did i do to deserve a friend like you?"

She laughed. "That's what I would like to know. Come on, let's go get a burger or something. I'm starving."

So, we did. We headed down town to a little fast food place and ordered sodas, burgers, and fries. After getting our food, we sat down to talk and gossip, just like the pack had never come here.

Jace's P.O.V.

I found her scent just outside of my house near the woods. I followed it in the direction of her house, in wolf form, but the in veered into a different direction. All that was on my mind is that she'd been captured again. I mean why else would she change direction from her house?

As I followed her scent I came to a house. She must've lingered here for awhile. Then I vaguely remembered her telling me that her best friend was the only one who knew what she was. This was the friends house.

Relief instantly flooded through my body. Dani hadn't been in trouble. But where was she? Again, I went on my search to find her. I followed her scent into town. I stopped at the very edge of the woods. Damn it! I had to go by human form.

I sniffed out the clothes I left around these part and quickly put them on. My senses weren't as strong in human form, but Dani was my mate. Her scent was strongest to me. I followed it to a fast food place. When I walked in, I saw her talking with a red-haired girl. She was laughing and having a great time with who I assumed to be Katie.

Immediately, I felt guilty. I should trust Dani enough to know she wouldn't get hurt or get into any trouble. But the alpha in me said I was angry. She'd left after she told me, promised me, that she'd stay. And she didn't even leave me explanation. She only took off and almost gave me a friggin panic attack!

The moment I entered the same room she was in, her eyes found mine. Dani gave me a small smile until she realized I was glaring. Then, her face fell and she looked away. The girl with her turned around and gave me a big smile, which also disappeared when she noticed my expression.

As I walked towards them, I was stiff and expressionless. When I reached the table, Dani wouldn't look at me. Katie did, though. "You must be Jace," she said. "Dani's told me a lot about you. I'm Katie." I nodded, but didn't say anything. She sensed the tension and made up an excuse. "Well, I'll just give you two a moment and head to the bathroom."

Dani gave her a pleading look that said she wanted her friend to stay, but Katie just got up and left. I slid into the now empty seat. For awhile, she didn't meet my eyes and we just sat in silence. Then, she looked up and things just went down hill from there.

__________________________________________

January 7, 2010 (5:40 pm)

Okey Dokey, left you guys off there. It will probably be shorter than the rest. Sorry, but I'm kind of hungry/ tired/ I don't know. Well, I'll probably be writing more tonight. Hopefully, I'll have enough patience to write type up my newest story, but you really never know with me. I don't really have much patience at all. That's why writing this story is bearable. I make it up and type it as I go.

Well, bye bye.... :D