Chapter 16

January 11, 2011 (5:40 pm)

Haha, today's date is 1/11/11! Weird....

Anyway, my new story, What the She-Wolf Wants has chapter 1 posted! It's kind of dark, but I think it's pretty good. It will have some romance in it eventually....

Check out 22TGirl's work! She's my friend and is a pretty great writer! Anyway... chapter 16!

__________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

Dani didn't want to go home, nor did she want to be alone that night. My wolf wouldn't have let her, either, so it's okay. She was in the bathroom now, taking a bubble bath... for the past forty-five minutes. The wolf in me was about to explode.

I knocked on the bathroom door. "Dani?" I asked.

"Come in," she called to me. When I entered, she was still in the bath-tub, but there were enough bubbles that I couldn't see anything. I went up to her and sat down outside the tub and just looked at her. She sighed and sunk further down.

"You okay?" I whispered.

She looked at me and shrugged. "I guess I'll be fine," she said. "Sorry I've been in here awhile. It just feels to good to get out."

That made me smile. She was happy, but still there was something bothering her in that back of her mind. I felt it and she knew I could. "What's wrong?" I asked. "And don't try to down-play it because I'll know if you're lying or not," I added.

Her face had worry etched all over it. She met my eyes. "Jace, my parents are dead," she said. I nodded. "And I'm not eighteen yet," she included. I was confused so I nodded. She sighed again, but this time in annoyance. "I might have to leave this town."

A growl escaped my mouth. No one was going to take my mate away from me! She was not leaving. Especially not after she'd just accepted me. "I won't let you," I said in a hard voice.

"You might not have a choice," she said picking up a wet hand and placing it on my cheek. "I can't be on my own. The government won't allow it. Someone has to be my legal guardian. For me and my twin brothers. They might put me in a foster home or have a relative take me in," she said.

"Do any of your relatives live here?"

Dani shook her head. "No, the closest one lives and hour and a half away. I need to know what's going on with my older brother. He's nineteen," she told me.

"Couldn't he be your legal guardian then?" I asked. "He would stay in town, right? Couldn't he just give you a place to stay and stuff?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I doubt he'll want to take care of his kid sister."

"Live here then," I said. She looked at me like I was crazy and started to protest. "Just hear me out, babe," I said. "Your brother could still be your legal guardian, but if he can't give you a good home or some thing's that you'll need, just stay here. I'll take care of you. I promise."

"Jace, I know you will," she replied. "It's just I can't let you do that for me. It's just be too much. After everything you've done for me, I can't let you do this, too."

"It won't be just for me, Dani," I told her. "It'd be for the pack, too. You're the alpha female now. The alpha female should live with the alpha male, don't you think," I smirked.

"You just want me all to yourself," she narrowed her eyes at me in a playful way. "Sharing me with the pack isn't your intent. You are a very selfish alpha, hun."

I smirked. "Is that a yes?" I asked in hope.

"It's a maybe," she said. "I don't even know if my brother will agree with me. He doesn't even know about you. If I tell him I just met you less than three days ago, then it would be a definite no."