Chapter 18

January 13, 2011 (6:45 pm)

I'm not going to have a lot of time to write tonight, so that means that I'm going to have to get this next chapter out to you guys tomorrow. Sorry, but I'm going to do all in my power to make it long. And I'm hoping, not boring. Anyway, I'm going to start writing now... no school Monday, so I might be able to post a lot this weekend, but then again I have exams and crap to study for so, I don't know. Just please, bear with me guys.

___________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

Once again, I was in my office trying to occupy my time with paper work. I was really already done with it, but I was checking it over. Dani had been on my mind ever since I left her. Her expression was humorous when I drove away. No doubt, she was completely pissed. A smile crept upon my face just thinking a it.

Then I thought about her might leaving. If she left, I don't know what I'd do. She just came into my life and no one was going to take her out. That couldn't happen. Her parents just died, and I lost my dad. We weren't going to lose each other.

As alpha of my pack, and her mate for that matter, I just wouldn't allow it.

Again, I needed to get her off my mind. Should I hang out with Henry and Savannah? No. I wasn't really in the mood to watch them suck each others faces and try to take their clothes off. I made that mistake last month, and trust me, it was not pleasant. At all.

I guess I should go see how my mom was doing. With my dad gone and all, she was still hurting a lot. What was worse was the fact that she tried hiding it. There was always this sad look in her eyes. It must be awful to lose you're mate. I couldn't imagine what would happen if i lost Dani...

A growl of frustration broke through my mouth. I've got to stop thinking about her! Just then, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Thank god! A distraction!

Oh. It was Dani. Wait! Why is she calling me? I'm supposed to see her tonight. Something must be wrong. If she's captured again, I am going to rip those people limb from limb. The phone answered again. Answer the phone, idiot, I thought to myself. Right...

'Dani?' I asked. 'What happened? What's wrong?'

My who body relaxed once I heard her giggle on the other end of the phone. 'Seriously, Jace,' she said. 'If you've just been pacing and worrying about me this whole time, we might just need to get you on some medication.'

Haha. Nice one. 'I haven't been worrying I said. And I'm not pacing.'

Her expression must've held a smile. 'Sure you weren't.'

'I wasn't!' I protested. 'What did you need?' I asked changing the subject.

She was silent for a moment. 'Okay, this might be awkward and I'm so sorry for it, but my brother wanted to meet you. Is there any chance you can come by, like within the next hour or so.'

'Hour?' I asked. I didn't want to be away from her that long.

I heard her sigh. 'How long?' she asked.

'Seven minutes,' I told her smiling to myself.

'Is that a record?'

'No, but I can set one.'

I heard her chuckle. 'Fine,' she told me. 'Be here. Seven minutes... Just things are hard here with my brothers and all -'

'Don't worry about it,' I said. 'I know what it's like.'

'Thank you,' she said quietly.

'I'll see you soon,' I said and hung up.

After that, I left the house and made it to the woods. Quickly, I changed and was at her house in six minutes. Once again, I changed and made my way to her front door.