Chapter 10

January 3, 2011 - 3:05pm (starting to write the date and time I write these little intro thingys...)

Really hoping I can get this part out to you guys by tonight. I don't know if that will be possible considering I won't be able to get back until late. Let's all just pray... except if your an atheist. :$

[PIc of Dani's twin brothers]

_____________________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

She was scared. That's what I've been telling myself. It's the only reason she wants me with her. Because she's scared.

Under any other normal circumstances, she wouldn't want to be within fifty feet of me, but this wasn't normal. Dani had been captured and hurt tonight. It was my fault. I knew I shouldn't have let her go, but I only wanted to please my mate.

Even if that wouldn't really, completely please her. Dani tried to pass her life off as fine and content when she was near me. I knew different. As a wolf, her silver eyes sparkled and she was ecstatic. It was like being what she was was the best part of her life.

But in her human form, it was completely different. Her green eyes were dull, but not lifeless. They didn't sparkle like they should if she was happy. That hurt me to know my love wasn't happy. I wanted to know, so I could make it all better. I wanted to help her, but she was so guarded.

Right now, she was sitting with me in her wolf form. She had to heal her leg and her broken wrist. I killed both men that had hurt her. They got what they deserved. Her head was resting in my lap, and I was gently stroking her fur. I didn't tell her I loved her though. I knew she wouldn't want to hear that.

My thoughts were concealed from her right now. See, when werewolves are in wolf form, they are able to read minds. Only of other werewolves, though. It was how we communicated with one another when we ran on four paws.

There's a way to guard our thoughts from each other, too. It gave us privacy. For now, I kept my thoughts from her, and she kept hers from mine. True mates are able to read each others minds in whatever form we were in.

Danielle Cameron was my true mate. But she didn't want a mate. She didn't want a pack. All she wanted was to be left alone. Honestly, it hurt to know she didn't want me completely. I knew a part of her did. Only I could hope that the rest of her will follow that one part.

She shifted slightly and picked her head up. Her silver eyes starred into mine. I knew she wanted to shift back. To make things easier for her, I gave her something she would want.

"Here," I said as I carefully got up of the bed. She wasn't scared anymore, but I didn't want to make any fast movements to startle her. "You can shift in the bathroom and then take a shower. I'll go find you some clothes. When you're done, I'll bring you to the guest room. You're probably tired." I didn't look at her as I spoke. For some reason, I just couldn't.

When she jumped off the bed, I led her into the bathroom. I turned on the shower for her and started to go. Just as I was about to walk out of the door, I heard a quiet voice whisper in my mind. "Thank you."

I turned back to see her sitting next to the shower looking at me. I gave her a small smile and responded. "No problem, Danielle."

Dani's P.O.V.

The moment he said my full name, I knew something was wrong. I'd hurt him. I'd hurt Jace, my mate. I'm such a bitch.

As I shifted back and entered the shower, I started to cry again. What the hell was wrong with me? He's probably the best thing that will ever happen to me and I'm driving him away. Why am I doing this.