Chapter 14

January 8, 2011 (4:15 pm)

Okay, so.... my mind just went blank. :[

Oh! Wait! Now I've got it! I just wanted to tell you guys that I've posted some pics of Jace, Dani, and some other characters in the earlier chapters, just to give you somewhat of an idea of what I pictured them to look like. They are exactly what I though of, but it was the best I could do. All righty then, on to the next part....

__________________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

He. Was. Pissed.

That's all there was to describe it. I mean I know he didn't want me to leave, but I didn't think he'd get mad over it. I explained and apologized to him in the note. The reason I wasn't meeting his eyes wasn't because I was guilty. There was no reason why I should. He's not my alpha and cannot order me around.

I couldn't meet his eyes because he looked scary. I am not the kind of person who backs down when people try to look intimidating. Trust me, I'm not.

But Jace didn't just try to look intimidating. He was intimidating, and I was scared. If a normal person saw the look on his face, they would be about sixty feet under right now. That's how scary it was.

We sat in silence. Then he spoke. "Dani, look at me," he said in a hard voice. No doubt he was trying to control his anger.

Nope. Not looking. So, I just shook my head.

He growled lowly, so only I could hear. "After everything I've done for you, you can't even look at me?!" he snarled. Great. Now we were going to cause a scene. If he would only keep his voice quiet.

"No," I said, still looking down.

His fists were now balled and he was seething. "Why not?" he hissed.

Is he really asking that? I groaned mentally and looked at him. "Because you're scaring me, Jace!" I said.

Then, his face fell.

Jace's P.O.V.

She's scared? And I was scaring her. I feel like such an ass right now. When I tried to reach for her hand across the table, she pulled back. "Dani, I'm sorry I scared you. But you don't understand how worried I was. I ran around the whole god damned forest looking for you!"

"Why?" she asked giving me a look that asked if I was on crack. "I told you I was leaving and I apologized for it. Even though I didn't have to because I had a right to."

What the hell was she talking about? She didn't tell me anything. Actually, she agreed to stay. "What are you talking about? You didn't tell me you were leaving."

Now, she was angry. I told her she was wrong and being Dani, she did not like. "Yes, I did. I left you a note!" she said loudly.

A note? Where was this note? Was it invisible or something? There was no note. "No, you didn't," I told her. "There wasn't a note."

Again, she looked at me like I was high. Would she just stop doing that? It made me think I was an idiot. "Are you serious? I left you a note right on your nightstand," she said a little too loudly.

A couple of glances came our way. There was a group of guys that started roaring in the back of the restaurant. Dani's face turned bright red. I glared at them and they stopped. Yup, wolves are dominant and even people can sense that sometimes. I leaned forward and said quietly, "There wasn't a note."

Dani rested an elbow on the table and put a hand on her head. "I wrote you a note, Jace."

"I'm not saying you didn't," I whispered. "I just said I didn't get it."