Chapter 20

January 16, 2011 (4:05 pm)

I am proud to say that I have this whole story figured out. You will be kind of surprised how it ends, but I don't know the initial reaction. There will be a sequel, too. So, stay tuned....

Oh, and MidnightRose66, SnowFlake95, and I have made a joint account where we have this story idea that we write together in each of our own character's P.O.V.s. Please read them once we get it set up and fan us! The user name is SnowRose6912. Thanks!

__________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

That night, I didn't eat dinner, nor did I leave my room since this afternoon. Maybe there was just too much going on in our lives for Jace and I to be together. Maybe I should just go with Cody and Ben to my grandparents. Don't get me wrong, I love Jace. Really, I do. But maybe what's going on is just too big for the both of us.

Trying to clear my mind and not think about anything, I fell asleep. It was dreamless and peaceful. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to.....

"Dani," a voice whispered my name and shook me gently awake.

I jumped and opened my eyes.

Jace was crouching by my bed. I groaned and propped myself on my elbows to look at him. "What do you want?" I asked taking a deep breath.

He carefully lifted the covers on my bed and slid in next to me. I guess I was just too tired to protest. Since I was still mad. So, I allowed him to pull me into his embrace.

We stayed quiet for awhile. His scent overwhelmed me, but it was divine. He buried his face in my hair and inhaled my own scent. Then, he held me tighter.

"I'm sorry, baby," he murmured to me. "You were right."

When I pulled away to look at him I saw he was being completely honest. "Are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked.

"Tomorrow," Jace said quietly. "I'll tell you tomorrow. Let's just sleep."

After yawning, I nodded. "What time is it?" I asked closing my eyes and snuggling into his side.

"Almost two."

"Wait," I opened my eyes abruptly. "How'd you even get in the house? We lock the doors."

He smirked at me and kissed my forehead. "Most people do hide the key under the mat, but I was surprised to find that you do, too. I didn't think you'd be that obvious."

"Since it's so obvious, people never look there anymore," I told him sleepily.

Jace chuckled. "I should've known."

The next morning, I awoke first. Jace was sleeping soundlessly like he'd slept in my bed his whole life. Then, again, I guess I look the same in his bed. Without waking him, I climbed out of my bed and made my way to my desk.

I wrote him a short simple note that said...

Jace,

If you don't find this one, you really have some problems. Meet me downstairs.

Love,

Dani

Once it was written, I folded it and wrote his name on it in big caps. Then, I taped it to my door and made my way downstairs.

I wasn't really hungry, so I just went into the living room and curled up on the couch. After wrapping a blanket around me, I turned on the television and watched that for the time being. It wasn't for another half hour that Jace woke up.

"Hey," I said quietly, turning off the television once he enetered the room.

He sat down next to me on the couch and mumbled a good morning. We sat in silence for awhile. He didn't look at me, nor did he pull me to him. All he did was sit there with his hands in his lap. Finally, he spoke. "It was three months ago that my dad died," he began. I nodded for him to continue.

"We lived in a small town in Colorado then. There was a rouge that had come around. My dad ordered everyone on house arrest until he left. It was just too dangerous to be out with a rouge on the loose. Rouges are bad news. They have a bite that can kill. One bite will inject a sort of poison into someone. Within a couple weeks, that person will be dead," he paused taking a deep breath. His hands were shaking.

Jace was hurting badly. It scared me. I took hold of his hands. "You don't have to say-"

"No, you need to know," Jace interrupted me. I just nodded. "Before I was alpha, I was kind of a kid that liked to break rules and was self-centered, cocky, arrogant, and just looked at life like an amusement park. I thought my dad was being paranoid. I didn't think the rouge was a big deal. He was just an exaggeration. So, I left the house.

"My wolf wanted out, so I willingly gave in. I went out to the woods, like I always do and just ran, having a good time and not paying attention to my surroundings. I didn't hear or smell the rouge, but all of the sudden, he was chasing me. My dad was right about the threat he was. I could see the insanity in his eyes and the venom dripping from his mouth," Jace said as tears welled up in his eyes.

I hate this. It was my fault that Jace had to remember this. What was worse that I started crying, seeing him in so much pain. I held his hands tighter and started rubbing circles over them with my thumbs.

"Then, out of no where, my dad was there. He jumped and attacked the rogue to save me. I wanted to help him, but I couldn't. I was just so scared. He was able to kill the rouge, but the rouge was able to get one good bite into my dad. Two weeks later, he was dead," he choked out.

"Never once did I leave his side until the day he took his last breath. I knew it was my job to take care of the pack for him. From that day on, I had to be alpha. I grew up."

"Jace," I said, but he wouldn't look at me. I turned his face towards mine and looked him in the eyes. "Don't you blame yourself," I said in a firm tone. "It was not your fault."

"How couldn't it be?" he asked. "If I didn't go out that day, if I hadn't given into my wolf, if I'd just stayed in my house, then he'd still be here! If I'd only listened to him!"

I hugged him and he cried into my shoulder. "It was an accident," I told him. "If you keep blaming yourself, it'll break you. Please, don't do this, Jace. Just let it go. Please. Do it for the pack. For your mom. Jace, do it for me. Promise me."

Though I have no idea what I said right, he nodded to me. I mean, I'd hope that it'd work, but I had no idea how well. He nodded to me. "I promise," he said.

__________________________________________

January 17, 2011 (6:35 pm)

There you go. Secrets revealed... promises made..... yada yada yada. Whatever. Check out SnowRose6912. That's the account I've made with my friends. Very interesting werewolf story on there about three friends. Each of us has a character with their own P.O.V.s

My character's name is Kaitlyn Grace.

Check out the stories... they will be posted soon.

Comment, Fan(not if you don't want to), Vote. I need at least 35 votes to update chapter 21!