Chapter 11

January 4, 2011 (5:25 pm)

Okay, so this is going to be one very dramatic chapter. I don't know if I'll be able to get it out to you guys tonight, but I'll try my best. Someone in my household is trying to kick me off. Hopefully, I don't have to submit, but hey in my house I'm closer to the omega than the alpha, by force... and I really can't fight back. There's a new moon tonight, which makes me sad. I always love seeing the moon at night, but I can't tonight... considering it won't be there. Full moons are always the best anyway. The one of winter solstice was amazing! I think I'm going to start writing now...

_____________________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

*~Dani's Dream~*

The forest was dark and there was no moon out. Like usual, I was out for a run, but unlike usual, I was running from something. What was it? There wasn't any time to think about it. All I could do was dodge tree and jump over rocks.

My paws hit the dirt and I focused on not tripping. At some points, my paws didn't even touch the ground. That's how fast I was going. Things blurred by me. I couldn't tell where I was going or where I had come from. All I knew was that something was after me and if I slowed down, it would catch me.

The air had become thinner and fog was rolling out from all around me. I couldn't get trapped in it. That would mean the end. My lungs were burning right now, but I pushed myself further. Then, I tripped.

I fell down hard on my side and crashed into a rock. Still conscious, but hurting. I looked at my side and it was bleeding profusely. What scared me the most was that I didn't heal. Blood just kept seeping from the wound. I panicked then. Everything hurt and my vision was getting blurry.

He was there then. A jet black wolf. I cringed and tried to make myself as small as possible. No luck. The wolf smiled an evil grin at me and spoke to me through his mind. "Well, Danielle, looks like you've gotten yourself into a little 'situation'. Being a lone she-wolf isn't always the best option now is it?"

"Please," I begged him. "Don't hurt me. I didn't do anything wrong. Please." My eyes were wide with fright and my tail hung low. I crouch down so my stomach hit the forest floor. A sign of submission.

But he just laughed and then growled. "You're mine now," he said and then he lunged at me.

*~ End of Dream~*

 I woke up with a start. My breaths came in quickly like I didn't have enough air to breath. The room was dark and I was still scared to the verge of tears. I threw off covers of my bed. Screw this!

Quietly, but also quickly, I went down the hall until I found Jace's room again. Trying to be quiet, I cracked open the door. He was fast asleep in his bed. Jace looked so peaceful right now.

He was sleeping on the right side of bed on his stomach. What I liked best was that he didn't snore. Usually a lot of guys did. Especially werewolves, or so I've heard. Not Jace. He was perfect as he hugged the pillow he was lying on.

I crept over to his side and crouched down so I was at eye level with him. I started to reach over to touch him, but I hesitated. Then I remembered my dream, well nightmare. My eyes went wide. "Jace," I whispered to him. No response.

Of course the one male werewolf that doesn't snore happens to be a heavy sleeper. Just my luck. Cautiously, I reached out to him and nudged him in the shoulder.

Jace's P.O.V.

When I felt something touch my shoulder, I went into wolf mode. My instincts grabbed whatever had touched me even before my other senses completely opened up. I opened my eyes and saw Dani. Her wrist was captured in my grasp and she whimpered. Shit! I was hurting her. Quickly, I let go.