Chapter 8

So, I kind of left off with a cliff-hanger there. I mean Dani was freakin kidnapped. And if you think I spoiled that part, I didn't. I mean if two men drug you up, what do you think they are going to do? Bring you back home? No, they won't.

And if you hadn't read that part yet: why the hell are you reading ahead? You should not be on the page of chapter eight if you haven't read seven. (This reminds me of the stupid why was six afraid of seven joke. Not really funny after you've heard it a billion times...)

Anyway, if you are reading this story backwards - um... are you okay? Things don't make sense if you read them backwards.... just ask Davinci

_____________________________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

When I woke up, I was in a van and i was bound. My wrists and hands were tied together. Worst of all, I was gagged. See, I didn't even get that. We were in a moving van for Christ's sake. Who am I going to yell for for help? If it wasn't for the whole kidnapping me thing, I would've been irritated with these people just because they gagged me in a freakin moving car. Seriously, big scary guys with guns? Oh, shit!

I was kidnapped by some big scary guys! With guns! Finally, it had sunken in on how much trouble I was in. On top of that, my captors were werewolves. They didn't seem to be pack members of any pack and they weren't loners. Loners traveled alone, hence the term loners.

Thank god, they were not rouges either. That only meant one thing. They were Stalkers. What the hell did they want with me anyway? Oh, please don't tell me they captured me as a sex toy. I would rather kill myself. There was one thing I hated more than anything. Being used.

Back to the real problem. How the hell was I going to get out of here?!

There was no way of knowing what these guys were planning on doing to me. I needed to figure a way out. So, for now I kept as quiet as possible. I didn't move a muscle and I didn't say a word. My breathing was kept at a slow, calm pace. They were wolves after all and would be able to pick up on any changes in my breathing.

If I didn't come home tonight, I wondered if my family would notice. Well, a part of me hoped they did. Yes, that was the human part. The part that was their daughter and wanted them to find me. My wolf said they couldn't get involved. My family was just human. If the Stalkers hurt them in anyway, I would never forgive myself.

Yeah, my family wasn't perfect, but it was the only one I've got. And I knew I planned on leaving them in two years, but I couldn't yet. As a wolf, I was a loner, but as a girl, I had a family. One that cared for me even though they didn't always show it in the way I wanted.

It all came down to what I wanted. Right now, I wanted to be free and back home, where it was safe. There was only one person I could think of that might be able to save me. Technically, he's not a person, he's a werewolf, but whatever.

Jace. We were mates and he didn't always resist the pull. There was a chance he could find me. Maybe if I stopped resisting, he could, but was I ready for what came with the pull? No, to be honest, I was scared out of my mind. I've never been around other werewolves. But Jace...

Yeah, so there was no time for me to finish that thought because at that moment, one of the Stalkers turned around and nudged his other buddy. "She's awake," he said as he turned and glared at me. Damn, this was not good.

I did what was my impulse and glared back at him. A growl sounded from my throat, which didn't please the first Stalker. He was the armed one, and apparently the merciless one. He pulled the trigger on his gun and fired at my leg.