Chapter 22 [TLSW]

January 20, 2011 (2:30 pm)

I've decided to keep writing for all of you guys. But seriously, if that other story becomes more popular, then I will be seriously pissed off and everyone can just forget Dani and Jace and everyone else in this story including the plot and setting, or whatever, ever existed.

_____________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

I was running just to clear my head. My senses dulled and I tried to forget. I tried to forget everything that was going on. To do that, a sang in my head. One song came to mind. It was from a Disney movie or something.

Quest for Camelot. That was the movie. The main character's love interest sang it. The song was called I Stand Alone. I used to love it as a kid and still do now.

I know the sound of each rock and stone
And I embrace what others fear
You are not to roam in this forgotten place
Just the likes of me are welcome here

Everything breathes
And I know each breath
For me it means life
For others, it's death

It's perfectly in balance
Perfectly planned
More than enough
For this man

Like every tree
Stands on it's own
Reaching for the sky
I stand alone

I share my world
With no one else
All by myself
I stand alone

I seen your world
With these very eyes
Don't come any closer
Don't even try

I've felt all the pain
And heard all the lies
But in my world there's no
Compromise

Like every tree
Stands on it's own
Reaching for the sky
I stand alone

I share my world
With no one else
All by myself
I stand alone

All by myself
I stand alone

All by myself
I stand alone

That was as far as I'd gotten when a dark red wolf jumped out in front of me. I froze. Shit! I wasn't listening to the things around me. Stupid dumb ass! My instincts took over and I tensed.

That's when I saw the foamy venom dripping from it's muzzle. His eyes were a sickly shade of yellow and they were glazed over in an evil manner. The wolf was bristled and he gave me a smile. 'Looks like I found a new toy,' he said in a raspy voice.

Holy frickin' god! Are you shitting me? I'm so friggin' screwed. Damn, I'm so freakin' dead. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I turned tail and bolt. Not one of my best options, but my only one. The rabid rouge gave chase to me. I heard him howl out in a menacing tone. I ran faster than I had ever gone in my entire life.

It was night and the forest was dark. There was no moon out. Of course a rouge attacks when there's a new moon. Since it was the moon, that made me what I am, I was always weaker when it wasn't up in the night sky. But right now, all I could focus on was getting the hell away from this rouge.

He kept chasing me and was right on my tail. I could hear his malicious laugh echo in my mind. I had to reach out to Jace somehow. Who was I kidding? I can't be alone. I'm weak and fragile little orphan werewolf. I'm not strong.

Wait. Katie! If she could only see me, she'd tell Jace and get help. 'Katie!' I screamed in my mind. 'Help me, please!'

The rouge just laughed at me. 'There's no helping you little girlie.'

Oh, shit!

Jace's P.O.V.

I went back into the funeral home. Dani just needed time. Her parents died and she was upset. She just needed some time on her own.

It was worse that she always tried to act strong and that she'd be able to handle things on her own. But sometimes, people needed help. Right now, Dani needed my help. I wouldn't push her though. My girl was still unpredictable at sometimes.