Chapter 9

Just so you know, I hate when teachers give you project over vacation. It's not called "Vacation, But You Still Have to Do Work." It's called winter break. As in we get an actual break.

So, in order to keep my sanity, I will be writing in between the paragraphs I write. I mean I'm like bouncing in my seat to write this anyway. (Well not really, but I am excited. I just contain it well.) 

_______________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

When I heard her scream, that's when I flipped. Nothing else mattered, but making sure she was safe. I should've gone in sooner, but I waited. And she got hurt. Her cry haunted me as I sprinted towards the warehouse. My pack was following me, but they were trying to stop me.

"Jace," Henry said through his mind. "Just wait for a second!"

But I wouldn't. Dani was in trouble and I was the only one who could save her. I couldn't let her get hurt anymore than she already was. How could I have even let her get taken in the first place?

Rick spoke up next, but at least he was on my side. "Hey, it's better now or never," he said. I shot him a greatful look.

We reached the door and I busted it down. It was a big empty room with windows that were closer to the ceiling than the ground. Inside were two big men. I immediately recognized their scent. They were the ones that had captured Dani. That fact alone made me charge at them. Avery and I took down one and he didn't even have time to shift.

They were Stalkers, not rouges. Just as Henry and Rick were taking down the second one, who did have time to shift, another man came out from a windowless room to see what was going on.

Their leader no doubt. I could smell my mate's scent on him. I growled and he shifted. We sprang at each other. A mess of teeth, fur, and claws. I was larger than him. It was one of the perks of being the alpha. He was quicker though. Rick yelped and I was distracted for a moment.

The man took his chance and bit down on my shoulder blade. This time, I yelped, but it was more because of surprise than pain. I shook him off and my shoulder started to bleed. Just as soon as it did, it stared to heal, but I was angry now.

Again, we clashed. This time, I went for his throat and I got it. I bit down as hard as I could. At first, he struggled, but soon enough, he stopped moving. I let him go and looked at the guys. Henry and Avery were completely fine and were looking at me.

They third guy was dead, but not before he got a good swipe at Rick. His back left flank had been slashed, but it was healing nicely. There wouldn't be any trace of the wound in the next  ten minutes or so.

Then I turned to the door. I could feel Dani on the other side. Not caring that I didn't have any clothes, I shifted and opened the door.

[Okay, right now, I'm really really pissed. I need to re-type Dani's whole p.o.v. {it was a lot!} for some reason my stupid computer did not save it and now I'm just so angry. I've been working on it for three hours!!!!!!!!!! Just face it, life hates me]

Dani's P.O.V.

When the fight broke out, Red Hair ran out. I was glad. I mean really? First of all, I was friggin shot by some big guy. Then he had the nerve to break my freakin wrist! This was just not my day!

But when I heard that howl, I was so relieved. Jace was here. He would save me, hopefully. I mean I was so angry at myself. After I had been such a dick to him, he was saving me.

I was scared though. This is exactly what had happened in my dream. Only Ididn't know if it would turn out the same way.  I mean, I couldn't be physic. It was just impossible!